What you’ll do
In a few words…
Don’t worry, that number 2 there doesn’t mean anything. It’s just that our datacenters are pretty big and we need more than one engineer to run our operations. That said, know that regardless of what number you get, you’ll be absolutely awesome to us. The Data Center Operations Engineer II is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing environments. Your job is to ensure the ongoing reliability, security, and performance of the infrastructure (which makes you Top Tier to us!). This includes monitoring of the operating environments, responding to incidents, and providing recommendations for areas of opportunity. The DOE will ensure proper audit and security controls are enforced in all levels and processes of the computing platforms.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Participate in the design, configuration, and maintenance of server operating systems, networks, cloud services, and related utilities and hardware
- Develop, deploy, and maintain automated processes and workflows for cloud environments such as scheduling, monitoring, application delivery, etc.
- Support network operations, including monitoring, problem diagnosis/repair, and traffic analysis
- Troubleshoot problems as reported by users, supporting the data center infrastructure and maintaining a secure systems environment (Please refer to point #5 below.)
- Respond to alerts and outages; participate in periodic 24x7 on-call schedule
- Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth
- Create, update, and maintain the documentation of current and new systems, environments, and cloud services
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 5+ years of experience in IT Operations or Computer Engineering field
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Significant knowledge (hopefully to the P ≤ 0.05 significance) and hands-on experience in Windows server 2012R2/2016
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, or similar virtualization systems
- Experience with SAN technologies, iSCSI and FC
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or other related Cloud services
- Technical knowledge of networking services and systems (Fortinet, Cisco)
- Experience in IT automation tools like PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Required to travel on a short notice for business continuity events (Bring on those frequent flyer perks!)
- You’ve mastered the Force when it comes to Microsoft Office products, and your (Internet) surfing abilities surpass those of Kelly Slater.
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, write, speak, daydream, argue, text, etc.) in English and Spanish
That something extra we´d love to see…
1. Critical & Analytical: Perhaps we should include the word “over” in this description, because you basically over-analyze ever minute detail of absolutely everything to the point of exhaustion. You probably tried every option on that Black Mirror interactive movie on Netflix, then went back and did everything again, just to make sure you didn’t miss anything, and you loved every minute of it. In fact, you’d go for thirds.
2. Teamwork: You’re a team player and it’s official cheerleader. Your capacity to create balance and infuse the team with positive energy is key to its success, which is why you’re always seeking and sharing feedback. You’re most happy when the whole team is shining.
3. Logical: Logic is your middle name, as you are relentless in the search for reasons, causes and effects. You can think about all the factors that affect a situation without excessive sentimentality. To you, things must be logical or they are nonsense.
4. Focused: You’re that little wheel on the lens that keeps everything in focus. Distraction? That’s not a word you know. Your goal is your everything and you don’t stop until you get there. Racehorses envy you because you need no blinkers to stay on track.
5. Fixer of Problems and Master Solution seeker: Let’s just admit you like problems, but not because you’re some sort of drama nerd, you just love SOLVING problems in comprehensive ways that consider both internal and external needs. You’re the epitome of DIY fixing projects and we love you for it.
6. Customer Service Oriented: You focus your energy on the customers, paying attention to their irks and quirks to the point that you know exactly what they need even before they do.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.