What you’ll do
In a few words…
The Network Operations Engineer I is like a yogic chiropractor aligning the chakras of Abarcan communications in order to ensure proper transmission of data. In laymen’s terms, you will be responsible for maintaining reliable, secure, and efficient data communications networks. This includes monitoring of Abarca’s various networks, responding to incidents, and providing recommendations for areas of opportunity.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Install and configure computer networks and systems
- Install and manage network security software and hardware
- Monitor and ensure network performance
- Ensure continuity in the event of network failure (Emergency chakra recharge and alignment)
- Identify and solve any problems that arise with computer networks and systems
- Maintain existing software and hardware
- Working with IT service operations to resolve connectivity problems (Chi channels should be open and flowing freely.)
- Providing network administration and support
- Serve as liaison with ISPs
- Create, update, and maintain the documentation of current and new network components (The Book of Chakras – Aligning Your Inner Abarcan will be a hit!)
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- Ultra strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, and controllers (Like we mentioned above, handling chakra misalignments and blockages is crucial.)
- Network security experience (Chakra experience preferred.)
- LAN and WAN experience
- Experience with major network platforms like Cisco and Fortinet
- Knowledge of Network Security Logging, Analysis, and Reporting Appliances
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- You will be required to travel on a short notice for business continuity events.
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, speak, write, send Morse code, and use proper Emoji and SMS language) in English and Spanish.
That something extra we´d love to see…
1. Critical & Analytical: You wear a spyglass on your sleeve, examining past, present, and possible futures more intensely than Dr. Strange. Your frequent overanalyzing is one of your trademarks and it helps you foresee things to your advantage.
2. Teamwork: You’re a team player and it’s official cheerleader. Your capacity to create balance and infuse the team with positive energy is key to its success, which is why you’re always seeking and sharing feedback. You’re most happy when the whole team is shining.
3. Logical: You are relentless in the search for reasons, causes, and effects. Understanding how things work is as necessary as the air you breathe. Your objectivity lets you think about all the factors that affect a situation. If things don’t make logical sense to you, then they must be nonsense.
4. Focused: You’re that little wheel on the lens that keeps everything in focus. Distraction? That’s not a word you know. Your goal is your everything and you don’t stop until you get there. Racehorses envy you because you need no blinkers to stay on track.
5. Customer Service Oriented: You focus your energy on the customers, paying attention to their irks and quirks to the point that you know exactly what they need even before they do.
6. Fixer of Problems and Master Solution seeker: Let’s just admit you like problems, but not because you’re some sort of drama nerd, you just love SOLVING problems in comprehensive ways that consider both internal and external needs. You’re the epitome of DIY fixing projects and we love you for it.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.