What you’ll do
In a few words…
As all of us, you’ve been subjected (aka forced) to use a non-user friendly website or interface. Nobody saw you when you screamed at the screen and pulled your hair out in frustration (as all of us did). But to you it was even worse, because in your head, you knew exactly how to fix it. You re-wrote the text to make it actually understandable and you rearranged the menus and headings. In fact, you’ve re-written and re-designed dozens of websites and nobody knew. You’ve been doing this job in your sleep. As Abarca’s Content Strategist, you will represent our commitment to user-centricity by carefully crafting meaningful language to design end-to-end user experiences that help our customers accomplish their goals. Your content and insight will facilitate and help shape the design process. The goal is to ideate and create amazing user experiences hand in hand with product owners, designers, and developers.
The fundamentals for the job…
- A self-driven empath who’s passionate about understanding customers’ needs and transforming complex experiences into plain language.(Understandable language is underrated.)
- Help create voice/tone strategy and guidelines that will resonate with customers.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, designers, product managers, and developers on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new concepts.
- Create simple, useful, and engaging content to make the end product easier to use for customers through meaningful text, improved terminology, and concise definitions.(We’re pretty sure you’ll earn some karma points by preventing hair loss and general voice injuries from frustrated customers.)
- Review, iterate, edit, and coach others on UX copy and other written pieces to drive cohesive product narratives across multiple user touchpoints.(Extra karma points! You will spread your user-friendly UX content across the Abarcan Universe and hopefully, the world.)
- Partner with a team of designers and product owners to outline the conversation flow and navigation ideas for our digital and offline experiences.
- Work with legal and compliance teams to get final approvals.
- Leverage data and research to evaluate content’s impact.(The charts... the insights... Enjoy!)
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- A firm understanding of user-centric design and product development best practices.(It’s in your DNA.)
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered).
- 2+ years of experience writing for web & app development, experience in healthcare is a plus.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills(The essence of the job, actually.)
- You have experience writing for a variety of audiences with diverse sets of needs and wants.(The copywriter force is strong in you.)
- The ability to provide direction on multiple projects in various stages of the product lifecycle and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.(Multi-tasking is your natural state of existence.)
- You’re like a seasoned sailor; riding wind changes with ease and helping others adjust their sails.
- Legendary maxed-out organization skills and attention to detail.. (Yeah, you noticed that double period, didn’t you?)
- Your customer service game is extraordinary, and you desire to challenge and be challenged.
- Fast-paced is your slowest speed. The slow-motion button didn’t come in your model.
- Ability to deal with large amounts of complexity and ambiguity.(Interpret that as you will...)
- Your Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are Jedi Master level and you surf (the internet) better than Kelly Slater.
- You been known to communicate effectively (that means read, speak, write, text, post to social media, be offended on Twitter, and decipher text abbreviations like YHLQMDLG, etc.) in English and Spanish.
Nice to have… (These are like those bonus questions teachers used to put at the end of the test: They raised your grade, but never lowered it.)
- Knowledge of UI Design products like Figma, Sketch, and Invision are a plus.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum environments is a plus.
That something extra we´d love to see… (The ingredients to your recipe.)
- Master of Words: It’s easy for you to find the right words that everyone can understand. Whether written or spoken, your communication flows like a crystalline river of poetic eloquence.
- Empathetic: As a natural born empath, your default status is inclusion. You know how to connect and communicate with very different audiences, and are aware of those who feel left out, quickly drawing them into the team dynamic.
- Thoughtful: The classic intellectual, you love debate and analysis. Your idea of fun involves smart conversation and possibly alcohol, otherwise you wasted your time. We know we're in for some interesting arguments when you're around and that's exactly why we like you.
- Passionate: You fall in love with ideas and projects, which is why you put your heart into everything you do and add a little extra. Your positive energy boosts the team and infuses your efforts with an iron will. When you want something, there’s no stopping you (nothing to do with the weird dolls under your desk, right?)
- Confident: You know your talents and can spot an opportunity like a copywriter spots a typo, proceeding without hesitation. You know you're awesome, but never forget that one can always learn new things. Your willingness to listen to other’s ideas makes you an asset.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.