What you’ll do
In a few words…
Life is like a box of chocolates and you never know what mysterious problem will show up wrapped in a pretty shiny wrapper. At Abarca, we inevitably get these random bitter chocolates. That’s where our special Tech Tinker comes in. Officially the title is Solutions Support Engineer, but we like names that reflect how we feel about your job and those who provide solutions are usually on our happy list. As a Tech Tinker, the solutions are IT related. You will be responsible for the operation and management of IT solutions in a fast-paced and highly technical environment known as The Kingdom of Abarca. Tech Tinkers help in the design, implementation, and maintenance of processes geared towards improving IT systems, management, and operations. As the Solutions Support Engineer you will answer and triage incoming requests, monitor the IT systems, research and develop new IT solutions, and provide support to the operations and technical staff as needed. You can count on being needed often. Who doesn’t want to be needed?
The fundamentals for the job…
- Provide your vast technical tinker knowledge in the support operation of our platform users and internal employees
- Work with business users to define/analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application, or configuration solution
- Recommend solutions to improve performance and quality of services, suggest changes in tools, provide training, and define processes to increase efficiency and productivity. (Hence the title. Seriously, you’ll be a supreme solutions being; a superhero of our Kingdom.)
- Serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point for technical support related services and incidents (Expect your levels of expert to grow exponentially.)
- Create and maintain documentation related to daily operations and processes (Did you actually think you would be clear of doing some actual writing? Tsk, tsk.)
- Understand the business implications of technical solutions and assist in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs (Your expert Tech Tinker knowledge needs to be shared.)
- Work with internal IT teams to understand feature roadmaps and communicate those to the resources who will be assisting in the support operation of our customers
- Identify trends and areas of improvement to propose solutions as needed (We know you can spot an issue from miles away, so this shouldn’t be a problem.)
- Participate in appropriate continuing education, committees, and meetings as may be requested and/or required by your immediate supervisor (Just keep learning, just keep learning…)
- Perform additional duties as needed (If you’re not a multi-tasker how can you be a tinker?)
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in IT Operations, Technical Support, or related technology field
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, Ticketing Tool Administration, PowerShell, and API Integrations
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (As strong as The Rock or Jason Momoa or something like that.)
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, write, speak, joke, beg, complain, praise, and participate in intellectual banter) in 2 of the beautiful languages of the American Continent (that’s English and Spanish).
Nice to have… (You don’t need these, but if you have these, your levels of awesome would increase exponentially.)
- Knowledge of CMS and HIPPA guidelines
- SQL Language
- SSRS Reporting
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Communicator/Master of Words: It’s easy for you to find the right words that everyone can understand. Whether written or spoken, your communication flows like a crystalline river of poetic eloquence.
- Professional level Juggling Skills: Multi-tasking is your modus operandi and you can pull it off while others are running marathons around you. Doc Ock was probably based on you, and frankly, you wouldn’t mind having some extra arms to take you to the next level.
- Organization Guru: You crave organization like sugar, color-code everything, and messes make you crazy. Marie Kondo learned everything from you. You’re that little elf that organizes other people’s desks at night and details are your favorite drug.
- Problem Solver/Solution seeker: You’re attracted to problems like a moth to a flame. But unlike, the moth, problems make you stronger. They drive your motivation and you don’t stop until you find the solution. Fixer-upper? Bring it!
- Customer Service Oriented: You focus your energy on the customers, paying attention to their irks and quirks, to the point that you know exactly what they need even before they do. You can handle an emotional customer situation with more grace than a ballerina and respond to service requests with a smile.
- Teamwork: You’re a team player and it’s official cheerleader. Your capacity to create balance and infuse the team with positive energy is key to its success, which is why you’re always seeking and sharing feedback. You’re most happy when the whole team is shining.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.