Our mission is to deliver high-quality primary care that is accessible, convenient and affordable for all. Every single day you’ll be working on challenging problems with an exceptional team to profoundly transform primary care and improve people’s quality of life.
Your role and impact
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be part of a team dedicated to empowering business leaders to make data-driven decisions. You will collaborate with teams across the company to deliver thoughtful analyses and develop scalable business intelligence solutions. You will also provide critical data and insights to our commercial customers, allowing them to see the value and benefit of 98point6 for their employees.
Strategic projects you will work on in your first year include:
- Design, build and maintain a scalable solution for forecasting member growth and volumes in our virtual clinic to inform staffing decisions
- Develop statistical models to generate 6–12 month staffing/hiring plans and schedules for virtual clinic based upon anticipated patient demand
- Perform cost of revenue analyses to evaluate performance of clinic scheduling and staffing models
- Own and develop queries and data visualizations for both ad-hoc requests and ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL and Tableau
- Identify insights that provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders across the organization, specifically supporting sales, marketing, clinical operations and product
- Serve as a catalyst for sharing knowledge, information and ideas throughout the company as it relates to the business intelligence function
- Ensure existing dashboards are properly maintained and updated in an environment where data size and complexity is quickly growing as the business scales
- Automate standard report creation and sharing using tools or scripts
- Mentor and collaborate with a diverse group of business intelligence and data engineers at all levels
- 5+ years using SQL to analyze data in a data warehouse
- 5+ years applying data modeling and fundamental core database concepts
- 3+ years coding with scripting languages (R, Python or similar) to do data manipulation, mathematical computations and data analysis
- 2+ years using Tableau, or similar data visualization tool, to generate complex dashboards and support internal business functions
- Experience maintaining a forecasting process in an operational setting
- Strong interest in extracting and transforming a high volume of data into actionable business insights
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail-oriented and build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and agile development environment
- Experience communicating findings to stakeholders at various levels in the company, including leadership
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.