At 98point6, our mission is bringing technology and medicine together to reinvent primary healthcare. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams, work across disciplines, encountering and conquering many challenges that are new and exciting. Each day you’ll be working towards profoundly transforming primary care.
Your Role and Impact
We are looking for a senior researcher passionate about making medicine better. As a senior researcher on the clinic UX team you will become a digital medicine expert. You will deeply understand our doctors’ work and its patient impacts, assess how well our bespoke clinic tools support them, and show us how we can achieve our audacious goals for quality, efficiency, and tremendous growth in capability and scale. You’ll share what you learn broadly, in a way designed for impact on the goals of each stakeholder. UX is already respected here and your expertise and practices can help make it indispensable.
- Relentlessly improve our UX research processes and tools, and help others continuously improve their research
- Spend time with our doctors routinely and pull in credible outside research to develop an intuition for their needs and the potential of technology
- Lead generative, formative, and summative research with mixed qualitative and quantitative methods in close collaboration with designers, product managers, data scientists, and the doctors themselves
- Define desirable outcomes and guardrails for new features based on observation, interview, and outside evidence
- Collaborate with UX designers on iterative improvements by choosing the right prototype fidelity, scenarios, research methods and success criteria
- Create and execute repeatable evaluations to track our product usability and effectiveness over time and make recommendations on next priorities
- Communicate research insights and recommendations to diverse stakeholders in creative, compelling ways tailored for organizational impact
- Identify the need for new lines of research with strong user and business benefits, and advocate for them across disciplines
- BA/BS degree in a human-behavior related field or equivalent practical experience. MA/MS or PhD preferred
- 5+ years in design research with measurable impact on information-rich, task-based products
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing quantitative data with qualitative
- Excellence in contextual inquiry, competence in experimental design and basic statistics
- A portfolio of work experience and deliverables (e.g. user study designs, research reports, case studies of impact, etc.)
- Experience working directly with designers and familiarity with basic interface design (preferred)
- Shipping experience in the software development lifecycle (preferred)
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.