84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
Lead Data Scientist Consultant, Supply Chain (P2416)
The SCORe (Supply Chain, Operations, and Replenishment) team is looking for a lead data scientist consultant. This role will support end-to-end supply chain workstreams with a focus on inventory replenishment processes, improving inventory productivity and efficiencies. Qualified candidates will bring a focus of business acumen in the Supply Chain, specifically the Inventory Replenishment industry. The role most closely aligns with a mix of insights and statistical profiles with an emphasis on inventory domain knowledge. This role will lead the Inventory Replenishment Insights workstream.
As the leader of the Inventory Replenishment Insights workstream, the core components of this role include:
- Working with the business partners to help define the strategy in inventory replenishment
- Prioritizing initiatives with business and technology stakeholders
- Consulting with stakeholders to scope project work
- Leading 1-2 data scientists in terms of development in addition to leading on project work
- Generating actionable and prescriptive insights to drive business decisions
- Identifying opportunities to drive cost savings within inventory replenishment
- Leading the technical side of innovative inventory replenishment insights projects
As a Lead Data Scientist Consultant, you are joining a community of analysts, data scientists, and software engineers, where you drive connection between data science development and our end users and customers. Grounded in a technical background, you are an expert at consulting with clients and partners to scope and deliver data-driven recommendations and actionable insights. Data Science consultants excel at learning and leveraging our existing sciences and capabilities to solve customer problems and articulate their value in addition to identifying new opportunities to apply data science. This role will also consult with our Product, Engineering and Platform teams to ensure data needs are filled and science is integrated into our scaled products.
- Lead and manage projects from prioritization to initial scope to delivery, solving fundamental business questions and improving our ability to create actionable insights for Kroger.
- Independently develop, define, and complete custom projects and analytics that help drive workplan initiatives and client relationships forward
- Maintain strong working relationships with 84.51° and Kroger partners
- Drive for results on multiple projects simultaneously; prioritize and balance short-term ad hoc questions with long-term projects based on value and business impact
- Identify opportunities to streamline delivery of core work to free up capacity for innovation
- Coach, mentor and develop junior data scientists. Provide career development, coaching on development objects and plans, and provide feedback on performance. In addition, mentor on project execution, results delivery, domain skill development, and analytic techniques
- Meet with clients, stakeholders, and partners to ensure their understanding of our data assets, techniques, and overall analytic capabilities
- Think creatively when building analytics solutions to bring the most value to the user, balancing analytical rigor and practicality
- Serve as a data science / analytics ambassador to our cross functional teams - explain the how and why around our analytics solutions
- Partner with client to explore new partnerships based on our capabilities and products.
- Partner with engineering to build data pipelines, create new analytic methodologies, and bring them to scale
- Influence our enterprise platform and product creation based on data science and domain knowledge
- Challenge and improve 84.51° analytical capabilities/products
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or similar discipline
- 4+ years of experience in extracting insights from large databases, translating market research into actionable solutions, and presenting findings and recommendations to clients or stakeholders
- 4+ years of experience in the supply chain, specifically inventory replenishment domain within retail
- 4+ years of experience using advanced algorithms, programming languages, or technologies in the development of technical analytics solutions to answer business problems.
- Hands-on experience using Python, R, or other similar statistical software to develop analytical solutions
- Demonstrated experience partnering with consulting teams to prioritize, scope and deliver analytical solutions
- Demonstrated experience in solving vague and unstructured problems, using data science to create clear business-facing deliverables
- Experience with people leadership beyond leading project work. Must have experience with performance management.
- Experience with open-source programming (R, Python, SQL) and cloud platform environments
- Technical fluency- skilled at translating highly technical problems to non-technical audiences
- Ability to balance between ideal and practical to drive efficient, effective business value
- Strong business acumen. Inventory planning experience required. Grocery and/or retail experience is a plus.
- High level of independence; ability to make time-sensitive decisions rapidly and solve urgent problems without escalation.
- Strong time, project management, and prioritization skills; the ability to balance multiple, simultaneous work items and prioritize as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent verbal, written, presentation and consultation skills are required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills