84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
Kroger Director Business Acceleration Consultant – Strategy Insights Group
At 84.51°, people are the key to everything. We are dedicated to always doing what’s right and never compromising on our values. That’s why we have created a culture where every opinion is respected, and contrary thinking is encouraged. Making life more rewarding for our community and our associates is an essential part of the process. Our team is known for their enthusiasm, camaraderie, and sense of fun. We work hard and we play just as hard. That’s why we engage in a range of official and unofficial activities to get together, serve the community, and have fun. We continually seek people who make us better. To continue to grow, we need more great people who want to join us in doing cool, industry-changing, brain-stimulating work.
In this role you will be part of the Strategy Insights Group within the Merchandising & Analytics Strategy Team (MAST), which is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders within Kroger to provide insight around customer trends and for developing actionable recommendations and strategies to build customer loyalty.
As a Director of the Strategy Insights Group, you will lead a team that will partner with Kroger Category Managers, Directors, and VPs on prioritized categories/commodities to develop comprehensive assessments and actionable strategies. Additionally, you will lead the development of roll-up strategies that provide holistic understanding at the department level (or otherwise determined groupings). This role also necessitates a drive for continuous improvement to build strong stakeholder relationships, create process efficiencies, innovate on capability inclusions, and to drive future deliverable automation.
Key Work Plan Areas include:
- Partner with leadership to build out the broader strategy center of excellence that will partner with key Merchandising stakeholders across Kroger (Center Store and Fresh)
- Lead the development of comprehensive assessments and elevation of key insights, across categories and departments for Kroger
- Identify areas for continuous improvement in the assessment and strategy development process
- Partner with cross-functional teams (DSR, CR, etc.) to develop roadmap for future enhancements/automation opportunities for the assessment and collaborate with team to enhance foundational capabilities for the strategy process (i.e. Category Roles)
- Collaborate with Merchandising Client Leads (MCLs) to create a process where after strategies have been developed, MCLs will partner with key stakeholders to implement said strategies
- Learn, champion the use of, and improve 84.51° methodologies, insights, and tools to positively impact business decisions
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and support them in learning and leveraging customer science in their day-to-day jobs (Assortment, Price, Promotion, & Test & Learn initiatives)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment that is a little unorthodox at times and will possess the following:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influencing skills
- Relationship management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Tools and process acumen
- Education: Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree preferred but not required)