84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
Senior Data Scientist – Kroger Precision Marketing
Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) powered by 84.51°, is a leading retail media advertising solution. KPM closes the loop between media exposure and store sales by using first-party purchase data to make brand advertising more addressable, actionable, and accountable. Launched almost five years ago, we have activated campaigns for over 1900 brands. Our vision is to become the preferred media company for advertisers by creating a more accountable media supply chain that increases the effectiveness of investment dollars. We are a growing team of passionate and talented analysts, data scientists, marketing consultants, and media strategists who are committed to transforming the media industry.
As Senior Data Scientist – Kroger Precision Marketing you are joining a community of analysts – we are researchers in search of the customer story. We are the voice of the customer. Customers share their story with us each day, and it is our job to tell their story. Our Analysis team is known for solving client and customer problems, employing the most appropriate statistical and analytic approaches. You will be hands-on with respect to the analysis of a retailer database, using the full suite of 84.51° technical and visual tools – R, Python, Tableau, Excel, SQL, Power BI (and other internal tools) to create timely, relevant, and actionable insights.
- Work on innovative data science projects, ideation, and methodology work to enhance our media planning, optimization, and measurement science offerings
- Collaborate with other research teams at 84.51° to vet application of advanced science techniques within the media business
- Utilize your media data science experience to influence and drive advanced machine learning solutions into our platform and products. Think creatively when building science solutions so as to bring the most value to the user
- Be a data science / analytics ambassador to our sales and product teams. Explain the how and why around our data science solutions through formal and informal training sessions and creation of documentation
- Mentor and develop junior data scientists on media insights interpretation, results delivery, and data science methodologies
- As a data science champion, be a voice that helps improve and maintain and our position as industry leaders in media science capabilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of experience in analytics across ad technology, digital media and advertising. Experience in building media auction systems (RTB) preferred.
- 2+ years hands-on experience building and working with machine learning solutions. Ideally partnering across software engineering and product management teams to develop and scale new algorithms, features, and enhancements
- Strong Python skills plus 2+ years of experience extracting and manipulating data from large, disparate data sources using big data and cloud technologies (Azure, Hadoop, Spark, Databricks and/or similar technologies)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent verbal, written, presentation and consultation skills are required
- Strong business acumen, analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
84.51° knows customers, and we know how to connect you.
Using a sophisticated, proprietary suite of tools and technology, we turn customer data into actionable knowledge. With unparalleled customer data and predictive analytics capabilities, we deliver personalized marketing strategies and ensure the best experience for customers of Kroger and more than 300 consumer-packaged-goods companies. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, resulting in a more dynamic, informed and personal approach to driving customer loyalty.