84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build upon and support solutions for our primary campaign management tool, currently an Oracle and Python product.
Take ownership of features and drive them to completion through all phases of the entire 84.51° SDLC. This includes internal and external facing applications as well as process improvement activities:
- Participate in design of and development of Oracle and Python based features
- Support our campaign management BAU process; ability to diagnose issues and provide fixes/enhancements
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Collaborate with architecture and lead engineers to ensure consistent development practices
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve and bring new perspectives to complex problems
- Drive improvements in people, practices, and procedures
- Embrace new technologies and an ever-changing environment
Bachelor’s degree typically in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or another STEM degree.
- 3+ years proven ability of professional data development experience
- 3+ years proven ability of developing with Oracle
- Full understanding of ETL concepts
- Exposure to VCS (Git, SVN)
- Strong understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- Proficient with relational data modeling and/or data mesh principles
Preferred Skills – Experience in the following
- Experience developing with either Java or Python
- Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture
- Exposure to cloud platforms (Azure/GCP/AWS)
- Exposure to BI tooling e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience developing with Pyspark/Spark