84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
The Senior Software Engineer takes ownership of stories and drives them to completion through all phases of the entire 84.51° SDLC. This includes external facing and internal applications as well as process improvement activities such as:
- Perform development in Java, Angular, and Spring Boot based Build reusable code and libraries
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Work with UX to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- Partner with senior resources, gaining insights
- Provide mentoring to junior resources
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Bring new perspectives to problems
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree desired) typically in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or another technically strong program.
- Understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- 3+ years Spring Boot and/or Java development experience
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with dependency management (Maven, Gradle)
- Proficient in async request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient in Object Oriented Principles
- Exposure to server-side CSS pre-processing platform (SASS or LESS)
- Experience with VCS (Git, SVN)
- Understanding of CI/CD
Preferred Skills – Experience in the following
- Spring Boot
- RESTful APIs
- Angular 2+
- Understanding SOLID principles
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and how to handle them
- Reverse proxies
At 84.51° people are the key to everything.
We are dedicated to always doing what’s right and never compromising on our values. That’s why we have created a culture where every opinion is respected, and contrary thinking is encouraged.
Making life more rewarding for our community and our associates is an essential part of the process. Our team is known for their enthusiasm, camaraderie and sense of fun. We work hard and we play just as hard. That’s why we engage in a range of official and unofficial activities to get together, serve the community, and have fun.
We continually seek people who make us better. In order to continue to grow, we need more great people who want to join us in doing cool, industry-changing, brain-stimulating work.