84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
The Lead Software Engineer – Financial Systems will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in implementing, supporting, upgrading, and developing capabilities in our finance systems to support the ongoing needs of the finance and accounting teams. This includes liaising with internal customers to understand business needs, making recommendations on how to satisfy those business needs taking into consideration best practice and standardization of use across the organization; making any needed changes for enhancements and defects; leading system upgrades; and performing routine support including addressing service requests and incident investigation and resolution.
- Lead a team of IT professionals in supporting our financial systems and in implementing capabilities for the finance and accounting organization.
- Understand business needs and recommend, estimate, implement, and test best practice solutions for financial systems.
- Lead the finance systems team in implementing changes using agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with external support partners to address incidents and implement new enhancements.
- Lead the efforts to upgrade the financial systems, including working with the finance and accounting teams to assess the new capabilities provided by the vendor, assessing the impact, coordinating testing of the upgrades and the integrations, and managing the implementation.
- Collaborating with other engineering leads to identify, research, plan, and implementing changes that cross systems.
- Manage incident & defect management & resolution for financial systems.
- Ensure that processes are documented to support all areas of responsibility.
- Experience in the end-to-end implementation of business systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6+ years working with Finance / Accounting packaged software solutions.
- Proven ability to lead a team of IT professionals in supporting and implementing changes to business systems.
- Strong data management abilities with an understanding of data governance.
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion.
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex requirements and combine them with best practice to translate them into functionality.
- Must be able to build and maintain a positive relationship with team members, vendors, and internal suppliers and customers.
- Must be able to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills - you can effectively work with engineers but at the same time collaborate with product owners and stakeholders.
Position Specific Skill Preferences:
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Experience using Azure Services.
- Knowledge of Concur, Anaplan, ePay, and Avalara.