84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
Senior Strategic Media Planner - Kroger Precision Marketing
Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) powered by 84.51°, is a leading retail media advertising solution. KPM closes the loop between media exposure and store sales by using first-party purchase data to make brand advertising more addressable, actionable, and accountable. Launched over four years ago, we have activated campaigns for over 1000 brands. Our vision is to become the preferred media company for advertisers by creating a more accountable media supply chain that increases the effectiveness of investment dollars. We are a growing team of passionate and talented analysts, data scientists, marketing consultants, and media strategists who are committed to transforming the media industry.
As Senior Strategic Media Planner, within the Strategic Media Planning team at Kroger Precision Marketing, you will be responsible for creating & guiding integrated, omnichannel strategic media approaches and plans for our CPG clients. You will lead the synthesis of strategic inputs such as client business objectives, historical campaign performance, and Kroger shopper insights into a customized media strategy, laying the foundation for tactical planning recommendations. You are responsible for supporting and/or leading tactical media planning across KPM’s suite of product offerings from Kroger.com activations to off-site media channels. You will work seamlessly across sales, media, merchandizing, and product teams to create meaningful media recommendations that drive results for Kroger clients and agencies
To be successful in this role, you are strategic, a self-starter, proactive, and have the experience and ability to lead and guide multiple teams through strategic media and planning processes. You are agile and comfortable working in a fast-paced collaborative environment, presenting in front leadership teams and clients, as well as have a high standard for quality.
- Create and design Kroger/CPG audience-based planning approaches utilizing data and insights to customize strategic media plans
- Uncover insights from first- and third-party resources that are both eye opening and actionable - specific to Kroger and KPM capabilities
- Work closely with sales teams to understand client business challenges and develop go to market approach leveraging KPM suite of media tactics
- Assist & Lead with sales in strategic discussions with CPG partners, agency, and shopper marketing teams
- In collaboration with sales teams, you may be responsible for providing support or leading presentations with C-suite and senior-level executives
- In this role, you are not involved in post-sale campaign activation. However, you are responsible for building and growing relationships and engagement models with activation teams to ensure feasibility of recommendations aligns with KPM capabilities
- Work with data science analytics teams during planning to create audience segmentations for targeting using Kroger 1st party data
- Partner with product teams to ensure best-in-class development & positioning back to the Sales team and marketplace
- Ongoing review of how plans are performing across our portfolio, be ready to make recommendations and changes based on performance metrics
- Develop internal and client facing educational materials addressing various business challenges and seasonal insights
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- A minimum of 3-5 years previous media experience; ad tech, publisher, agency, or retail preferred
- Expertise in planning or buying digital media, streaming audio, social and other emerging media required
- Shopper media planning experience is a plus
- Expertise in audience-based planning required
- Strategic and creative thinker. One who goes above and beyond traditional planning principles
- Excellent analytical skills which translate to brand storytelling
- Collaborative, energetic, works well with others
- Strong presentation skills
At 84.51°, people are the key to everything. We are dedicated to always doing what is right and never compromising on our values. That is why we have created a culture where every opinion is respected, and contrary thinking is encouraged.
Making life more rewarding for our community and our associates is an essential part of the process. Our team is known for their enthusiasm, camaraderie, and sense of fun. We work hard and we play just as hard. That is why we engage in a range of official and unofficial activities to get together, serve the community, and have fun.
We continually seek people who make us better. To continue to grow, we need more great people who want to join us in doing cool, industry-changing, brain-stimulating work.