SENIOR DATA ENGINEER - MyMagazine
We are a community of data scientists that act as the voice of the customer – they share their story with us each and every day. Through simple, comprehensive, purposeful analytics, we fearlessly bring these customer stories and journeys to life. Our 360° customer view allows us to anticipate customer needs, thus enabling our clients to connect with their customers in meaningful, relevant ways. We expect all data scientists to be hands on with respects to the analysis of a retailer database, using the full suite of 84.51° technical and visual tools – SQL, Python, Power BI, and other specific internal tools – to create timely, relevant, and actionable insights.
The Loyal Customer Mailer & MyMagazine team is responsible for targeting billions of pieces of personalized content and offers to reward and retain millions of Kroger customers. We provide accurate and actionable measurement to both Kroger and our CPG partners to show the effectiveness of this targeting and to help maximize return on investment. This role is intended to enable current reporting to be more automated and user friendly, while also developing new measures and visualizations that are of importance to our clients. We are looking for a technical data scientist who is self-motivated, interested in process efficiency and coding in Python, can collaborate well across teams, and wants to work on implementing new and exciting capabilities.
- Building strong relationships with immediate internal contacts to ensure full understanding of client requirements.
- Building strong relationships across the data science community to ensure that we have a connected team that drives efficiencies.
- Quality Assurance of own code lines.
- Interpreting results and drawing actionable insights from the data analysis to build relevant customer stories for clients.
- Following best practices in code management to help ensure that code changes can be efficiently tracked, shared, and reviewed.
- Providing support to the team on all elements of projects to ensure projects are completed at a high level.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, analytics, data science, or related discipline
- Experience using advanced algorithms, programming languages, or technologies in the development of technical analytics solutions or capabilities.
- Experience querying data from relational databases and non-relational data from Hadoop or similar file storage.
- Experience using Python or other similar statistical software to develop analytical solutions.
- Experience with data wrangling, data cleaning and prep, dimensionality reduction.
- Exposure to Big Data concepts, tools, and architecture
- Experience working on a cloud hosting solution such as Azure is a plus.
- Strong academic background in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or similar discipline.
- Data visualization skills and ability to present technical solutions to non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong business acumen; grocery and/or retail experience is a plus.
- Passionate about data, analysis and insights.
- Natural curiosity that welcomes and embraces change and willingness to try new things and to fail.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.