Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) powered by 84.51°, is a leading retail media advertising solution. KPM closes the loop between media exposure and store sales by using first-party purchase data to make brand advertising more addressable, actionable, and accountable. Launched in 2017, we have activated campaigns for thousands of brands. Our vision is to become the preferred media company for advertisers by creating a more accountable media supply chain that increases the effectiveness of investment dollars. We are a growing team of passionate and talented analysts, data scientists, marketing consultants, and media strategists who are committed to transforming the media industry.
As a Senior Data Scientist, Media Analytics – Kroger Precision Marketing you are joining a community of analysts – we are researchers in search of the customer story. We are the voice of the customer. Customers share their story with us each day, and it is our job to tell their story. Our Analysis team is known for solving client and customer problems, employing the most appropriate statistical and analytic approaches. You will be hands on with respects to the analysis of a retailer database, using the full suite of 84.51° technical and visual tools – SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Excel, and other specific internal tools – to create timely, relevant, and actionable insights.
- Effectively manage media analytics and insights across Kroger Precision Marketing portfolio of products (email, programmatic display/video, Pinterest…etc.)
- Partnering with the Product Strategy & Innovation (PS&I) team to:
- Vet new media partnerships specific to targeting and measurement capabilities
- Optimize performance of existing media placements
- Meet with agency partners to ensure their understanding of our data assets, measurement techniques, and overall analytic capabilities
- Interpreting results and developing actionable recommendations from robust 1st party data to build relevant customer stories for key stakeholders
- Contributing to defining, developing, and completing custom analytic projects that help drive media campaigns, customer insights, and client relationships forward
- Leading and managing projects, tasks, and stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to brief specification
- Supporting the development of junior data scientists on media measurement interpretation, results delivery, KPM-specific skills, and analytic techniques
- Contributing to the improvement of 84.51° analytical capabilities and measurement products
- Quality Assurance of own code and that of team members to ensure the highest quality work is being delivered to our clients.
- Identifying opportunities for standardization & automation of existing solutions and processes to enable 84.51° to realize the maximum potential from our teams.
- Following best practice in resource management to help ensure that all deliverables across the business can be delivered on time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, analytics, economics, or marketing
- 2+ years of experience in analytics across ad technology, digital media and advertising
- 2+ years of experience in extracting insights from large databases, translating sales / marketing data into actionable solutions and presenting findings and recommendations to clients
- 1+ years of experience accessing and manipulating large datasets via SQL, R and/or Python
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent verbal, written, presentation and consultation skills are required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong business acumen to link analysis to business impact
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
84.51° knows customers, and we know how to connect you.
Using a sophisticated, proprietary suite of tools and technology, we turn customer data into actionable knowledge. With unparalleled customer data and predictive analytics capabilities, we deliver personalized marketing strategies and ensure the best experience for customers of Kroger and more than 300 consumer-packaged-goods companies. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, resulting in a more dynamic, informed and personal approach to driving customer loyalty.