TECHNICAL DIRECTOR DATA SCIENTIST - Supply Chain, Operations, and Replenishment (SCORe) – G4
Preferred locations: Cincinnati, OH; Chicago, IL
We are a team that impact Customers’ lives by delivering game-changing science and insights that drive Kroger E2E supply chain decisions & processes to get product to the right place at the right time, cost, and quantity. We do this by creating and delivering supply chain sciences integrated and connected into Kroger executional systems to deliver a seamless customer experience across the Kroger ecosystem.
- Responsible for coordinating and designing core simulation and optimization sciences with team of data scientists and developers.
- Lead development, planning, technical evaluation, science reviews, etc. for key 84.51° initiatives applied to the area of Kroger supply chain and operations.
- Serve as team expert on methodologies, sciences and solutions relative to the supply chain and operations space.
- Ownership over technical/innovation roadmap and execution within tech track specialty in partnership with other DSR and team leads.
- Help identify and lead opportunities for data science innovation and research within mission through constant exploration of new technologies, methodologies and approaches
- Ensures Kroger supply chain and operations processes and strategy is accurately modeled and included into simulation and optimization algorithms so that models accurately represent Kroger processes are aligned to overall business strategy.
- Responsible for creating vision and alignment of simulation and optimization algorithms with Kroger architecture & product design, ensuring integration into Kroger systems.
- Primary technical liaison with engineering/architecture – KTD & 84.51°.
- Mentoring of junior data scientists, especially in regards to code, standards, science approach and methodologies, and developing and sustaining a technical pipeline of expertise in simulation and optimization data science as it relates to Kroger supply chain and operations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years developing analytical solutions using advanced optimization methods and machine learning algorithms
- 7+ years querying data from relational databases using SQL
- 7+ years using Python to develop analytical solutions
- 7+ years with data wrangling, data cleaning and prep, dimensionality reduction
- Masters or higher degree preferred in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Proficient in technology stack. Our technology stack includes – Azure, Hadoop, Python, Spark.
- Code management and code release
- API and event driven architecture
- Strong business acumen; Operations/Supply Chain and/or retail experience preferred
- Experience with developing, coaching, and/or inspiring highly technical associates
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Data visualization skills and ability to present technical solutions to non-technical audience.
- Natural curiosity
- Welcomes and embraces change
- Ability to work fast yet accurately
- An openness and willingness to try new things and to fail
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment