Director, Offsite Media Product Strategy and Innovation - Kroger Precision Marketing
Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) powered by 84.51°, is a leading retail media advertising solution. KPM closes the loop between media exposure and store sales by using first-party purchase data to make brand advertising more addressable, actionable, and accountable. Launched almost three years ago, we have activated campaigns for over 1000 brands. Our vision is to become the preferred media company for advertisers by creating a more accountable media supply chain that increases the effectiveness of investment dollars. We are a growing team of passionate and talented analysts, data scientists, marketing consultants, and media strategists who are committed to transforming the media industry.
Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) enables brands to deliver relevant messages, offers and experiences through direct-to-consumer communications via digital advertising and in-store activation. As Director of Offsite Media , you will be responsible for developing new media products and partnerships for Kroger Precision Marketing’s offsite media practice. The ideal candidate has background in building partnerships, creating media products and building strong revenue strategies in the media industry. You’ll be responsible for leading strategies across the entire offsite media portfolio inclusive of, but not limited to programmatic, social, CTV, and advanced television. This candidate fully understands the advertising landscape, ad tech environments, and has a passion for pushing the status quo. You will lead and drive influence of KPM’s product/technical roadmap, implement business processes, lead financial planning across the products you own. You will work closely with your direct reports and KPM sales teams to continually strengthen the product suite to deliver strong ROAS to advertisers.
This job will focus on several key initiatives:
- Lead a team of product strategists to build, challenge and design new partnerships and products to bring to market across programmatic, social and advanced TV.
- Lead financial planning for products developed, in close collaboration with finance teams. Own monetization strategy for the portfolio.
- Lead negotiations and assist direct reports during negotiations with partners
- Work with cross-functional teams within product, sales, data & analytics and engineering teams to bring new opportunities to market
- Monitor and recognize key industry trends and evaluate product market impact and provide recommendations
- Drive and develop strong relationships with media and ad tech partners to build and create new and unique product offerings
- Manage and support product owners to scale new solutions from ideation, stakeholder assessment and alignment, sales solutioning, capability requirements, partner evaluation, across the entire offsite portfolio
- Be a change agent in the media and retail industry
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The right person will thrive in a fast-paced environment and must possess the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, statistics or analytics.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant digital media experience (ad tech, media company, or agency)
- Knowledge of key DSPs, key advanced television players
- Experience in developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms & reviewing contracts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, people, and diplomacy skills are required
- Innovative thinker that can deliver thought leadership in consumer-focused digital media
- Ability to influence without authority
- Initiative, detail orientation, strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment
- Retail Media experience a plus, CPG experience required