We are a community of data scientists that act as the voice of the customer – they share their story with us each and every day. Through simple, comprehensive, purposeful analytics, we fearlessly bring these customer stories and journeys to life. Our 360° customer view allows us to anticipate customer needs, thus enabling our clients to connect with their customers in meaningful, relevant ways. We expect all data scientists to be hands on with respects to the analysis of a retailer database, using the full suite of 84.51° technical tools – SAS, SQL, R, Excel, and other specific internal tools – to create timely, relevant, and actionable insights.
The Digital Insights team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the team. This role is intended to support customer insights work on the Digital/Ecomm Strategy. This includes not only custom projects and measurement to support Digital and Ecomm strategies, but also building out and supporting regular reporting, dashboards, foundational segmentations and lookalike modeling.
- Effectively managing projects, tasks and stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to brief specification while ensuring minimal downtime and maximum utilization.
- Interpreting results and developing actionable recommendations from the data analysis to build relevant customer stories for clients.
- Quality Assurance of own code and that of team members to ensure the highest quality work is being delivered to our clients.
- Identifying opportunities for standardization & automation of existing solutions and processes to enable 84.51° to realize the maximum potential from our teams.
- Challenging and improving 84.51° analytical capabilities/products.
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure sound knowledge of client objectives and customer insight, to subsequently design best-in-class solutions.
- Following best practice in disk space management to help ensure that disk space is not fully utilized such that all deliverables across the business can be delivered on time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, analytics, data science, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in consulting or professional services
- 2+ years of experience in extracting insights from large databases, translating market research into actionable solutions and presenting findings and recommendations to clients
- 2+ years of experience using advanced algorithms, programming languages, or technologies in the development of technical analytics solutions or capabilities.
- Experience querying data from relational databases using SQL.
- Experience using R, Python, or other similar statistical software to develop analytical solutions.
- Experience with data wrangling, data cleaning and prep, dimensionality reduction.
- Experience with Big Data concepts, tools, and architecture
- Ability to create computationally efficient solutions.
- Strong academic background in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or similar discipline.
- Data visualization skills and ability to present technical solutions to non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong business acumen; grocery and/or retail experience is a plus.
- Passionate about data, analysis and insights.
- Natural curiosity that welcomes and embraces change and willingness to try new things and to fail.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.