SENIOR AGILE DELIVERY
CINCINNATI OR CHICAGO
At 84.51°, we build software products that make customers’ lives easier and move the retail industry forward with our bleeding-edge data science. We believe high-performing teams deliver exceptional results time and time again.
As Senior Agile Delivery, you’ll be part of a team bringing principles-based thinking to create environments of empowerment and accountability – where product-led delivery teams are charged with solving problems for customers - not given work to do.
As scrum master for 2-3 teams, you know what good looks like and how to create flow, helping teams move closer to the problem space and customer. You create strong cross-functional partnerships and co-create standards that give teams the anchor they need in their quest for high performance. You are an executor – an active team member and a trusted partner who wears a delivery hat. You remove ambiguity and enable the right conversations at the right time.
You thrive in a workplace of open feedback and trust. Your dream job lets you have fun while learning, improving and taking risks along the way.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Product & Design team in helping to lead the next wave of products that will change the way retail is done.
- Create and evolve successful agile team ways of working – implementing, facilitating, and evolving practices and ownership to create the right flow. Partner to create team standards.
- Enable successful sprint / cycle activities - stand-ups, planning, refinement, shaping, demos, releases.
- Help bring teams closer to the problem space and enable Product to spend time closer to the customer.
- Reduce friction - remove obstacles and impediments and innovate on ways to make value delivery easier.
- Act as liaison across teams to successfully align work, dependencies and manage risks including escalation. Remove ambiguity, communicate effectively and create shared understanding across teams.
- Provide clear visibility of sprint/cycle/release using electronic and physical information radiators.
- Create and maintain metrics for team and stakeholders, using data points and trends to communicate progress, quality, bottlenecks, team health.
- Understand team(s) agile maturity and partner cross-functionally to help the team on their journey. Partner to identify coaching opportunities e.g. agile fundamentals, principles, and practices.
- Help team(s) identify, prioritize, and execute improvement opportunities.
- Promote a fun, learning culture and an environment enabling high performing teams.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in an agile environment
- Product mindset and deep knowledge of agile principles and practices (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Scaled Agile)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM I) (optional)
- Software Development, Business Analysis or Project Management experience in an agile environment a plus
- Experience in data science, data analytics and insights or adtech a plus
- Strong organization, time management and communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to build trust and influence others