Program Agile Delivery
At 84.51°, we build software products that make customers’ lives easier and move the retail industry forward with our bleeding-edge data science. We believe high-performing teams deliver exceptional results time and again.
As Director, Agile Delivery, you are a part of the program leadership team along with 84.51° Product Management and Engineering leadership. You are accountable within the leadership team for an agile operating model enabling both agility at scale and innovation, with a focus on accountability for delivery and keeping key issues and decision-making at the forefront of the leadership agenda. You lead with a continuous improvement approach within the leadership team and program. Your blend of Agile and program level change management experience provides you with an adaptable skillset allowing you to engage, lead and deliver value across the program.
The Agile Delivery Lead is a connector of people and teams—at the right time and for the right purpose—and ensures that internal structures are fluid and create the right conduits for streamlined value delivery. You create and facilitate opportunities for the right conversations at the right time, removing ambiguity and enabling hard decisions. You evolve existing agile ways of working enabling the right program outcomes using effective change management. There is specific focus on efficient bi-directional communication, risk and dependency management, empowered teams and continuous improvement. You understand and help incorporate agile portfolio management principles in complex programs and uplift program leadership and agile teams with your practical guidance.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Product & Design team in helping to lead the next wave of products that will change the way retail is done.
- Work with leadership team, agile delivery leads and teams to continuously shape agile operating models within the leadership team and program.
- Enable Delivery Teams (Product, Engineering & Launch) to enact an aspirational plan while compelling accountability for delivery across the Program.
- Understand what good looks like and evolve ways of working across teams and the program with a goal of empowered teams. Know where consistency is needed to manage large scale programs.
- Partner with program leadership team and the agile delivery team on continuous improvement strategies for both program leadership and the program, with a focus on execution and measurement. Develop and co-own initiatives for program improvements.
- Provide coaching through formal trainings, 1:1’s and on the spot coaching.
- Work with program leadership to craft and evolve the right internal communications structures for shared understanding and decisions around priorities, risks, dependencies.
- Provide the right constructs for delivery visibility at the team, value stream and program level. Cross-functionally partner on program metrics strategies with ownership of delivery metrics that matter.
- Influence resourcing strategies to help optimize program performance.
- Support evolution of portfolio management practices across value streams and teams in line with program maturity.
- Create a healthy engagement model with agile delivery members within the program.
- Engage with other program agile delivery leads across the organization to share and apply learnings to make the enterprise more productive, predictable, and accountable.
- People management responsibilities fostering an environment of growth and support.
- Be part of a team with diverse background.
- Enable an environment of empowerment, skills, and passions.
- 7-10 years of experience in large programs with a minimum of 4 of those years in agile Program roles
- Extensive knowledge of the breadth of agile concepts, delivery methods and application at scale
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead across multiple teams, constituencies, and frameworks
- Measurable success driving strategic improvements at scale
- Successful change management strategies and use of cross functional partnerships
- Broad business and technical acumen that enables the establishment of effective working relationships with multiple levels across all facets of the program
- Removes ambiguity in situations and drives towards decisions and shared understanding
- Proactive approach and ability to develop trusted advisor relationships
- Strong communication / interpersonal / influencing skills
- People management - leadership through influencing
- Senior leadership reporting and expectations management
- Lean & “Getting the right things done” mindset
- Experience working in Data Science or Retail industries
- Background as an engineer or product manager/owner or agile project manager
- Active involvement in the agile community