Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) powered by 84.51°, is a leading retail media advertising solution. KPM closes the loop between media exposure and store sales by using first-party purchase data to make brand advertising more addressable, actionable, and accountable. Launched almost three years ago, we have activated campaigns for over 1000 brands. Our vision is to become the preferred media company for advertisers by creating a more accountable media supply chain that increases the effectiveness of investment dollars. We are a growing team of passionate and talented analysts, data scientists, marketing consultants, and media strategists who are committed to transforming the media industry.
The Director, Media Activation will lead internally to oversee and develop a team of media buyers and ad operations specialists to ensure KPM’s campaigns are delivering best in class performance and executed flawlessly. This candidate will be instrumental in propelling KPM forward to set the vision of campaign strategy, performance, media best practices/standards, ensuring KPM maintains its position as a top retail media partner in the marketplace working hand in hand with lead buyers. In this role, you will need to excel at communication, process creation and people management with a passion for growing your team’s careers.
The Director, Media Activation will partner with cross-functional teams inclusive of Product Strategy, Campaign Management, Data Science, Sales, and Finance/Accounting to ensure flawless execution, financial tracking via our suite of tools, and cross-functional team collaboration and decision making. The right candidate will bring an excitement and passion for the media industry, excel at keeping a pulse on the ever-changing media landscape, provide ongoing recommendations and industry POVs. The ideal candidate needs to have a minimum 7+ year’s experience in a fast pace environment focused on Media Performance and Operations.
- Management of internal media buyers, ad operations specialists, and ways of working across teams
- Leads media execution vision and roadmap internally, establishes team goals, coaches team members and direct reports, owns the success of media operations & activation across KPM’s offsite portfolio
- Owns team operations, media best practices, KPM standards, & overarching Media trainings, very comfortable leading training presentations with the goal of media upskilling.
- Act as primary resource to Lead Buyers and junior team members when faced with challenges navigating conversations internally, externally, and with clients.
- Attend Client meetings as needed to discuss campaign performance, strategy, and recommendations, supporting Sales and Campaign Management teams.
- Works closely with the PS&I product owners to ensure product execution standards are developed and executed
- Review of internal and external partner capabilities, identifies opportunities throughout to ensure performance standard meets industry standards and client expectations
- Stay abreast of the retail media business, leveraging key relationships and identifying opportunities to drive KPM growth. Responsible for providing high-level POVs on industry trends and impact to KPM campaigns.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional team decisions and projects to enhance overarching process, workflow, and growth of KPM.
- Conduct performance meetings regularly with cross-functional teams for ongoing optimization of campaigns and overall performance
- Develop and socialize progress reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify team roadblocks and recommend solutions in detail. Always seeking opportunities to drive team communication and efficiencies.
- Communicate with leadership, ensuring strategy & projects are on track, gaining support and guidance
- Internal champion for tool needs, evaluation, and ongoing review of end to end processes providing recommendations for improvement/advancement.
- Liaison between KPM Teams and Kroger Media, keeps Kroger Media up to date on decisioning & outcomes
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 7+ years in relevant digital marketing/media managing clients, marketing budgets and teams of media buyers
- 4 years of prior experience in people management and team development.
- Deep knowledge in Digital Media Channels, inclusive of Programmatic, Social, Audio, Connected TV, and Direct Partnerships.
- Understands analytical concepts for media reporting and optimization decision making
- Collaborative, energetic and adept at building strong partnerships
- Strong project management, leadership, and people management skills
- Solutions oriented
- Prior experience working with digital tools and platforms inclusive, but not limited to, Media Ocean, The Trade Desk, Facebook, Pinterest, Google Campaign Manager, LiveRamp, Salesforce, etc.
- Preferred experience at an agency, publisher, or retail media network with a focus on digital interactive/advertising industry.