The Research Scientist will employ skills and experience to improve, create and innovate using data and complex analytics to solve current complex business problems while anticipating and charting future research needs. The role has strong research, prototyping, and project collaboration. This research scientist will create new machine learning methods through a combination of foundational research and collaboration with ongoing initiatives within 84.51. Also, the role has computational elements, where candidate will have the opportunity to develop, design, prototype, and lead the implementations of new machine learning algorithms for large data sets.
Specific role presents the opportunity to develop scalable machine learning / deep learning solutions for real time personalization. That includes applications in household demand forecasting, context-aware recommender system, proactive revenue management, real-time optimization & decision making, multi-touch attribution, and leveraging machine learning to solve combinatorial optimization problem.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in machine learning, computer science/engineering, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, industrial engineering, physics, or related quantitative fields. Peer reviewed publications in the area of machine learning are preferred. Publications in the area of PhD demonstrating tracking record of problem solving are also acceptable.
- Extensive experience in machine learning / deep learning. Knowledge of online learning, reinforcement learning, representation learning, RNN, CNN, Transformer, GNN, autoencoder etc.
- Extensive experience in Python (and PySpark) as well as experience using modern machine learning / deep learning tools, such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow or Pytorch.
- Knowledge of distributed and cloud platform, such as Azure data bricks environment.
- Good understanding of convex optimization.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively to drive towards common goals.
In a digital economy, data is the 21st century gold rush. Imagine working for a big data company with 10 petabytes of data at your fingertips. A company where we are deriving insights from 35+ terabytes of new data every week. 84.51° is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company. Our data is sourced from consumer transactions and behavior across 24 banners, 38 states and 58 million households. We are the research, development and innovation arm of the nation’s second largest retailer. We create advanced data driven solutions putting the customer at the center of all of our decisions.