84.51 LLC is an innovative company focused on rapidly developing customer insights through data analytics aimed at tailoring marketing offers to customers’ needs. At 84.51 LLC we have the flexibility to accelerate future innovations by working with new partners and tools “…. with the goal of engaging customers where, when, and how it matters.” The Lead Scrum Master fits into this framework as one who makes customers’ lives easier by working with Product Owners and facilitating a product development team that uses the agile software development framework, with the ability to respond swiftly to change, while allowing for customer input along the way. The team will be developing web, mobile and database applications aimed at delivering data analytics and customer insights using a variety of technologies.
- Outcomes - A team that relentlessly delivers customer value, while never losing focus on their own continuous improvement.
- Accountabilities - Ensures agile values are understood and enacted by coaching and mentoring multiple teams on agile principles and practices; Enables the team’s ways of working –implementing, facilitating, and evolving them where needed to reach desired outcomes. Ensures bi-directional communication and understanding around priorities, dependencies and impacts. Enables successful value stream governance where applicable, as facilitator and active participant.
- Support the team - Increases team productivity by helping the team remove impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of their sprint goals, and preserves flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team
- Coach the Team - Acts as a servant-leader for the team and guides them in their agile journey; challenges the team to see how agile values / principles can be applied to situations and decisions to the benefit of customers. Evolves ways of working through continuous improvement.
- Champion for Delivery – Balances support and coaching with delivering product value. Enables successful communication including understanding and expectation management of scope and potential timelines.
- Supports Team Ways of Working - Stand up; Inception; Sprint planning; backlog refinement; team demos
- Facilitates Value Stream Leadership Team (VSLT) – Facilitates general VSLT responsibilities including governance readouts, OKR development and value stream roadmaps. Partners on value stream improvements, enables bi-directional communication on priorities, risks, dependencies.
- Support the program & stakeholders - Ensures clear communication and organization of all team objectives / roadmap / work in process using electronic and physical information radiators, using visible charts and value based metrics, where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSMI)
- Minimum of 5+ years direct experience working with teams in an agile environment (Software or Data Development, Quality Assurance, or Business Analysis domains)
- Demonstrated experience performing Scrum Master duties for at least 2 agile teams, and value stream or program level duties for small to medium size programs.
- Demonstrated experience training, developing, and/or inspiring a team on agile principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile and Lean principles and practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching in an agile environment
- Experience solving complex team or program problems
- Strong delivery management in forecasting delivery, dependency and risk management
- Experience in Inceptions, Discoveries, Shaping a plus
- Experience in agile engineering and devops practices a plus
- Product lifecycle experience preferred