Agile Team Leader
At 84.51°, we build software products that make customers’ lives easier and move the retail industry forward with our bleeding-edge data science. We believe high-performing teams deliver exceptional results time and again, and as Agile Team Leader at 84.51°, you will be a key player in helping us to grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering and product culture.
You have a passion for instilling the values and principles of agile in others. You lead by serving and advocating for the talented scrum masters and agile delivery leads that guide their teams to higher levels of achievement. You’re energized by the opportunity to partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Data Science, and other leaders across our business. You’re a powerful storyteller and empathetic listener, with a keen ability to guide through ambiguity.
Ultimately, you’re the spark for driving better outcomes in our teams and products, using your deep knowledge of software delivery practices to increase the entire agile delivery team’s impact to our business.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Product & Design team and help lead the next wave of products that will change the way retail is done.
Continuously shape the agile delivery function strategy in concert with the needs of 84.51° product delivery teams
- Assist the agile delivery team in self-managing their work and coach them towards self-sufficiency
- Focus the team on delivering customer value, incorporating feedback, and continuously improving through experimentation
- Tactfully educate all of 84.51° on agile and lean concepts, principles, and practices
- Challenge established thinking to apply concepts and principles to situations and decisions to the benefit of users
- Advocate for and improve modern agile / lean software development and organizational practices across 84.51° and Kroger
- Recruit, hire, and connect the team with the broader agile community
- Lead and inspire a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and passions
- Extensive experience delivering software in agile teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A demonstrable track record of enabling continuous improvement in your teams
- An adaptable and pragmatic approach for a wide range of situations
- Experience navigating the tension between agile teams and traditional business environments
- A deep understanding of how to help teams develop trust and safety
- Coaching experience with the ability to provide constructive, helpful feedback to others, including senior leaders
- Exceptional communication skills targeted at a diverse set of stakeholders
- Both self-awareness & situational awareness paired with high emotional intelligence
- A curious mind — continuously asking ‘why’
- Strong data capturing and data analysis skills
- An appreciation for ‘what better looks like’ and the will to make it happen
- Commercial acumen & awareness
- Deep understanding and experience with a variety of agile approaches, including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean and comfort leveraging multiple tools and approaches
- Strong opinions, loosely held
- Active involvement in the local agile community
- Experience working in Data Science or Retail industries
- Background as an engineer or product manager/owner