As Contracts and Compliance Counsel at 6sense, you will be an integral part of the team, in our fast-paced and high-growth organization with terrific customers and a creative, dedicated, fun and talented team.
This position will serve as a key member of the 6sense legal team, providing advice related to India commercial law matters, general corporate support and compliance and privacy support. The position will involve (i) contract drafting, review and negotiation of vendor agreements as well as general contract management, (ii) support for 6sense India corporate and human resource functions; and (iii) and support to the 6sense compliance team related to security and privacy risk assessments during vendor diligence reviews, The foregoing activities will be in coordination with 6sense India outside counsel and the 6sense US legal team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a background with a multi-national technology company or a law firm looking to make the transition to an in-house role or to accelerate an existing in-house career with a rapidly growing company.
We are looking for a sharp-minded, enthusiastic, results-oriented and resourceful individual who wants to be part of a collaborative team in a dynamic, SaaS-based marketing and analytics company.
Required: A positive, team and solutions-oriented attitude.
Location: Pune, India
6sense’s Account Based Orchestration Platform helps revenue teams compete and win in the age of Account Based Buying by putting the power of AI, big data and machine learning behind every member of the B2B revenue team, empowering them to uncover anonymous buying behavior, prioritize fragmented data to focus on accounts in market, and engage resistant buying teams with personalized, multi-channel, multi-touch campaigns. 6sense helps revenue teams know everything they need to know about their buyers so they can easily do anything they need to do to generate more opportunities, increase deal size, get into opportunities sooner, compete and win more often.
- Lead vendor management assignments, including vendor diligence, in partnership with the 6sense security team.
- Review, Draft, and Negotiate NDAs, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, privacy policies within vendor agreements, partnership agreements, MSAs, DPAs and other related contracts, and provide strategic advice on behalf of the company.
- Responsible for advising 6sense regarding compliance with applicable Indian laws, Including Indian privacy laws, and effectively coordinating with outside counsel and the 6sense US legal team.
- Assist in the planning and execution of compliance assessments by partnering with legal, information security, product teams, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with regulations affecting compliance with India, US and international privacy laws, especially in the context of vendor management.
- Depending on background of candidate, might also support drafting and review of US-based customer agreements, such as 6sense SaaS-based MSAs, DPS and related agreement.
- Aid cross-functional projects from design to implementation providing status reports where needed.
- Assist as needed with internal audits and third party SOC 2 audit programs.
- Suggest and support proposed improvements to compliance programs, with attention to scalability and sustainability over time.
- Report metrics to management to support global compliance performance.
- Possess a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise advice and creative solutions on timelines to meet business needs.
- Maintain and update company legal templates and facilitate their consistent use and help coordinate streamlined approaches to legal department management.
- Depending on background and legal department needs, advise on corporate, human resource, marketing, leasing, and other issues as they arise.
Experience And Skills Required
- 4-8 years of relevant experience gained in a nationally or regionally recognized law firm and/or in-house position with a multi-national technology company.
- Understanding of Indian commercial and contract law fundamentals, including risk shifting and enforceability of contract terms.
- Experience with SaaS based licensing agreements not required, but a plus.
- Knowledge and experience across compliance and security frameworks such as: SOC 2, ISO, CSA, NIST, FIPS a plus.
- Familiarity with regulations affecting compliance with Indian, US and international privacy laws.
- Must be eligible to practice law in India.
- Team player willing to pitch in when/where needed.
- Strong organizational, process and project management skills.
- Creative thinker and solutions oriented focus.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all business units.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Self-starter; purpose-driven; willingness to take ownership for a project and drive it to completion.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environmet