6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is reimagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. It works with big data at scale, advanced machine learning and predictive modeling to find buyers and predict what they will purchase, when and how much.
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand Platform™, marketing and sales professionals can uncover, prioritize and engage buyers to drive more revenue.
A Lead Software Engineer – Campaigns at 6sense will have the opportunity to
- Deliver projects end-to-end from a technical perspective and perform detailed design, coding, unit testing, performance testing / analysis, troubleshooting & bug fixing, as and when required.
- Develop cutting-edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
- Build micro services and their deployment processes.
- Write performant REST APIs for both internal and external consumption.
- Work on scaling issues to 10x our data-handling capability over the coming year
- Write custom UDFs, UDAFs, UDTFs to simplify complex operations.
- Participate in writing applicable patents for your ground-breaking work.
- Promote and set examples for high code quality like unit testing, good variable naming, modularity, etc.
- Mentor junior engineers and onboard new engineers
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership for products/features you own.
- Own products/features at multiple levels: code, data, metrics, reduction of support frequency, etc.
- Work with other teams on cross-functional, multi-team projects
- Anticipate and pre-empt deployment or down-stream issues ahead of feature release.
- Assess the strengths and limits of the current technical design, communicate, plan and prioritize improvements or redesigns to resolve those limits.
- Work with EM, PM on team planning and roadmap
Required qualifications and must have skills
- 6+ years of professional, recent coding experience in Python (ready to code in week 1)
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Familiarity with Django, Django admin, Django REST Framework
- Can take vague requirements and move toward an actionable design by coordinating with engineers, product managers, UX, data analysts, data scientists, QA, etc.
- Experience with SQL with an understanding of joins, group by, partitioning, clustering, skewness, and analytic functions
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Comfortable with Unix / Linux command line
- Proficiency with Git as a version control system
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with docker and container platforms like Mesos and Kubernetes
- Experience leading or mentoring technical team members.
Nice to have Skills
- AdTech experience in an agile environment is strongly preferred (Ad products, Ad platform, Ad systems, Ad serving etc.)
- Experience with SQL query optimization
- Familiarity with UI frameworks like AngularJS/ReactJS and Redux with strong focus on usability design
- Experience with writing Hive / Presto UDFs
- Application benchmarking and optimization
- Multi-processing and concurrency
- You understand that software engineering work does not end with the code.
- You can work independently but coordinate effectively with your team.
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to conclusion.
- You are a good communicator and are capable of not just doing the work but teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions.
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we will want you to evolve with it!
About Campaigns team at 6sense
Campaigns team at 6sense aims at providing 6sense customers, tools, and strategy to engage their customers effectively. It develops and maintains the Advertising and Targeting section of 6sense platform. Area of focus includes and not limited to following.
- Developing a smart interface to capture all advertising configuration from customers.
- Integrating with multiple advertising-partner to setup an optimum-spending and highly targeting advertising campaigns.
- Maintaining and develop efficient targeting strategies.
- Putting up mechanisms to validate/capture engagements & conversions.
- Developing, maintaining, and improving on analytics across various metrics important to customers.
- Supporting 6sense customers with advertising setup, reports, and other services.