6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is reimagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. It works with big data at scale, advanced machine learning and predictive modeling to find buyers and predict what they will purchase, when and how much.
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand Platform™, marketing and sales professionals can uncover, prioritize and engage buyers to drive more revenue.
The Engineering Manager at 6sense will have the opportunity to
- Recruit and retain top-tier software engineering talent
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor, while planning and supporting career development
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Work cross functionally with other Engineering Managers to strategize and execute on crucial business objectives along with managing upstream and downstream dependencies
- Work with the Product Managers on project planning and roadmap
- Apply distributed computing and map-reduce knowledge to compute, dedupe, and derive insights from billions of records daily
- Intellectually contribute to the software, data, process, and growth of other team members
- Participate in writing applicable patents for your ground-breaking work
- Promote and set examples for high code quality like unit testing, good variable naming, modularity, etc.
- Own products/features at multiple levels: code, data, metrics, reduction of support frequency, etc.
- Ensure new features are properly tested at scale prior to release
Required qualifications and must have skills
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ engineers
- 10+ years of experience in delivering software
- BS / MS in Software Engineering or an equivalent degree
- Experience leading by influence in multi-team, cross-functional projects
Nice to have Skills
- Experience with SQL query optimization
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive and Presto
- Experience with writing Hive / Presto UDFs in Java
- Application benchmarking and optimization
- You understand that software engineering work does not end with the code.
- You can work independently but coordinate effectively with your team
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to conclusion
- You’re a good communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!