6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is reimagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. It works with big data at scale, advanced machine learning and predictive modeling to find buyers and predict what they will purchase, when and how much.
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand Platform™, marketing and sales professionals can uncover, prioritize and engage buyers to drive more revenue.
6sense is seeking a Data Engineer to become part of a team designing, developing, and deploying its customer centric applications.
A Data Engineer at 6sense will have the opportunity to
- Create, validate and maintain optimal data pipelines, assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Improving our current data pipelines i.e. improve their performance, remove redundancy, and figure out a way to test before v/s after to roll out.
- Debug any issues that arise from data pipelines especially performance issues.
- Experiment with new tools and new versions of hive/presto etc. etc.
Required qualifications and must have skills
- BE/BTech/BS or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- 6+ years work experience showing growth as a Data Engineer.
- Strong hands-on experience with Big Data Platforms like Hadoop / Hive / Spark / Presto
- Experience with writing Hive / Presto UDFs in Java
- String experience in writing complex, optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Experience with optimizing queries and underlying storage
- Comfortable with Unix / Linux command line
Nice to have Skills
- Used Key Value stores or noSQL databases
- Good understanding of docker and container platforms like Mesos and Kubernetes
- Security-first architecture approach
- Application benchmarking and optimization
- You can work independently as well as part of a team
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to conclusion
- You’re a good communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!