617MediaGroup, one of the fastest-growing progressive communications agencies in the U.S., is looking for a skilled Senior Finance Director to join our growing team. This full-time position is based at our Massachusetts headquarters. At 617MediaGroup, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Who we are:
Veteran campaigners, communicators, designers, strategists, story-tellers, web developers, and true-believers. We love what we do. We’re results-driven. And we only work with clients we believe in.
What we do:
We move public opinion. We win tough fights. We tell stories simply, and with maximum impact. We offer comprehensive communication services: from earned media to paid, and social media to owned content. Copy and design. We do it all.
What we value:
• The peace of mind that comes with fully-paid health care premiums
• Industry-leading benefits, including ample paid time off
Who you are:
The Senior Finance Director will be a hands-on contributor able to handle multiple items at once. 617MediaGroup is growing quickly and the Senior Finance Director must be comfortable reaching up and reaching down in their role, as the company grows. Being comfortable with change management is critical. This position is best suited to an individual who is comfortable rolling up their sleeves and "doing the work", while at the same time able to think strategically about the "big picture.” This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
• 6-8 years of experience, preferably in a professional services environment
• Degree in Accounting, required
• Knowledge of Deltek/Workbook, a plus
• Knowledge of ADP and payroll processing, highly preferred
• Must be detail oriented
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Experience working in a professional services environment, a plus
What you will be doing:
• Managing the G/L (P&L and Balance Sheet)
• Managing monthly and quarterly closes
• Maintaining account analysis reconciliations
• Providing ad hoc reporting for management, as needed
• Managing the payroll process
• Assisting in the transition to new accounting software
• Willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• Mentoring the Finance Manager
• Implementing other responsibilities, as needed
The current minimum starting salary offer for this position is $80,000. The current maximum starting salary offer for this position is $100,000. Starting salary offer amounts are furnished at the discretion of the agency with adherence to contractually guaranteed minimum pay rates and are also based on the relevant experience level of the applicant and on agency hiring needs. 617MediaGroup is proud to be a union shop and 617MediaGroup employees are covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Employees of 617MediaGroup enjoy robust opportunities for professional and financial growth and advancement.
This full-time position is based at our Massachusetts headquarters.