VICE PRESIDENT (Labor Communications)
617MediaGroup, one of the fastest-growing progressive communications agencies in the U.S., is looking for a skilled Vice President to join our growing team. At 617MediaGroup, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Who we are:
We are veteran campaigners, communicators, designers, strategists, story-tellers, web developers, and true-believers. We love what we do. We’re results-driven. And we only work with clients we believe in.
Who you are:
• Big picture communication and campaign strategist with experience conceiving and executing winning campaigns for labor unions or advocacy campaigns
• An ace writer and content creator. A pro at developing the strategy and creative for client campaigns, including content calendars, mailers, landing pages, social memes/graphics
• A proven leader and manager with experience developing talent and leading teams of writers and designers to hit deadlines, produce exceptional work, and have fun doing it
• A highly organized client relations and project management pro
• A creative, collaborative multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced, campaign-like environments
• Skilled in digital organizing and communications with familiarity in online advertising, mobile strategy, and web design.
• Posses knowledge of digital platforms and analytics to further client and campaign success.
• You have at least 7-9 years of strategic communications experience in labor, advocacy, organizing, politics, or media, and you’re eager to make a difference for the public good. Agency experience a plus.
• You create sharp content, from social media calendars to video scripts to op-eds. You know how to create killer content that aligns with client and campaign strategy
• History of overseeing multimedia and/or graphic design projects with experience managing designers preferred.
• Experience using HubSpot, WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Manager or similar platforms.
• You design integrated campaigns utilizing social media, online advertising, email marketing, and web design as part of integrated campaigns
• History of managing a team of designers and copywriters for web and print platforms
What we do:
We move public opinion. We win tough fights. We tell stories simply, and with maximum impact. We offer comprehensive communication services: from earned media to paid, and social media to owned content. Copy and design. We do it all.
What we value:
• The peace of mind that comes with fully-paid healthcare premiums
• Industry-leading benefits, including ample paid time off.
We currently have staff located in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., and California. We are accepting applications from across the United States and working remote through the remainder of 2020.