ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (Labor Communications)
617MediaGroup, the Northeast’s fastest-growing progressive communications agency, is looking for an Account Director to join our growing team. At 617MediaGroup, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our communities. 617MediaGroup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Who we are:
Veteran campaigners, communicators, designers, strategists, storytellers, web developers and true-believers. We love what we do. We’re results-driven. And we only work with clients we believe in.
What we do:
We move public opinion. We win tough fights. We tell stories simply, and with maximum impact. We offer comprehensive communication services: from earned media to paid, and social media to owned content. Copy and design. We do it all.
What we value:
• The peace of mind that comes with fully-paid healthcare premiums.
• Industry-leading benefits, including ample paid time off.
Who you are:
• A hungry go-getter with a knack for sharp, compelling writing—from catchy social media content, to attention-grabbing press releases and incisive talking points.
• Meticulously organized, composed and capable of quickly producing polished, professional research, reports and materials.
• A fast learner and problem solver who’s excited to roll up their sleeves and dive into client service and business development.
• A newshound with a proven track record of pitching and placing media.
• You thrive in fast-paced environments, ideally including agency experience.
What you will be doing:
• Working directly with senior staff and our social justice clients.
• Supporting the firm’s key business development meetings and initiatives.
• Building and maintaining excellent client relationships fostered by prompt responsiveness and attentiveness to client needs.
• Planning and executing communications campaigns under the guidance and direction of a Vice President or higher-level supervisor.
• Writing and producing top-notch communications materials.
• Turning high-level strategy into detailed plans and proactively offering tactical ideas.
•Delivering fantastic client service by collaborating with designers and videographers, coordinating with vendors, and ensuring tasks are completed and deadlines are met without exception.
• At least 5 years of PR/communications experience in labor, advocacy, organizing, politics, or media; PR agency experience a plus, but not required.
• Eager to make a difference for the public good.
• Demonstrated history of working in support of progressive causes.
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Client contact with a strong foundation in client relationship skills, including timely responses to client needs.
• External-facing communications such as creating professional-quality reports or slide decks in PowerPoint or similar.
• History of overseeing multimedia and/or graphic design projects strongly preferred.
• Experience preparing new business presentations and knowledge of HubSpot or similar preferred.
• Traditional PR experiences as well as proficiency in social media.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Effectiveness at solving problems, whether taking charge independently or working with a team.
• Ability and/or willingness to quickly develop new client relationships.