540 is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help the federal government #GetShitDone. You'll be building applications using modern open source technologies hosted on AWS. You’ll be part of an agile team including React Developers, Java Developers, Data Engineers, DevSecOps Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters. This position can be local to the DC area or remote, however, you must be able to obtain a United States Security Clearance (and be located in the continental US).
You can expect a fast-paced environment in which the team will be providing development, security and operations services that include artificial intelligence and machine learning to support USCIS Biometrics. The USCIS administers the nation's lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and promise by efficiently and fairly adjudicating requests for immigration benefits while protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.
540 is a forward-thinking company that the government turns to in order to #GetShitDone. We do more than talk about it, we break down barriers to innovation and build impactful tech. We’re looking for someone with big ideas, who thrives on innovation and is a self-starter. If you love to learn about and work with new technologies, we want to talk to you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of Java and Spring or Spring Boot experience
- Experience implementing and deploying production enterprise applications in AWS
- Experience with full stack engineering (database development integration as well as server and client application development/integration)
- Experience with large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogenous environments
- Experience in agile development processes
- Experience with containers like Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Git and GitFlow development workflow
- Ability to define, create, and execute unit tests
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have or be able to obtain a United States Security Clearance
- #GetShitDone mentality
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of authentication/authorization best practices (OAuth 2, SAML, LDAP, ABAC, etc)
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience working with the government, specifically with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Previous experience with .NET is useful
- 100% covered health, dental and vision premium for employees, optional dependent coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage
- Flexible PTO + all Federal holidays off
- Paid parking or transit expenses
- Generous monthly technology stipend
- Education and Training allowance
- Fully loaded Macbook Pro
- Stocked kitchen with 3 nitro cold brew kegs on tap
- Fitness Center onsite
- Referral Bonus - good people know good people
- Ongoing Social Events (including, but not limited to annual hackathons, Taste of 540, holiday party, annual charity golf tournament, so much more…)
- DC Fray kickball league bi-annually
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
540's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.