Our mission is to connect the world’s photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship and love what we do. Our engineering culture values mentorship, ownership, collaboration, and getting stuff done.
Our technology stack includes: Swift, IGListKit, RocketData and Alamofire.
You’ll improve the mobile experience across all of 500px, without compromising on performance, usability or accessibility. You’ll take advantage of latest and greatest technologies available on the iOS platform to help us build incredibly useful and innovative mobile apps that our users love. You’ll bring energy to the team, by being adaptable, productive, and by learning quickly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in technical planning and architectural decision making; turn product plans into code, involving close collaboration with product managers, designers, and front-end web and mobile developers
- Develop ownership over the code you work on, spot problems in your domain, and make sure they get attention
- Independently ensure your code conforms with best practices on iOS platforms, has solid test coverage, and adheres to design requirements
- Collaborate with developers across the entire stack maintain the 500px systems infrastructure and build highly scalable API services
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the existing architecture and major components of the iOS app; form opinions about how to debug and improve them
- Contribute to team productivity by sharing knowledge and documentation
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Solid knowledge of iOS platform and APIs
- Knowledge of SwiftUI and MVVM architecture
- An eye for platform-specific user experience guidelines, i.e. familiarity with the iOS Design Guidelines
- Experience publishing native apps to iTunes Store
- Flexibility, and a commitment to fix problems wherever they lie, regardless of tech stack
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries, quarterly bonus structure
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- Great health and dental benefits, paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with HR or a hiring manager
- Coding challenge: we'll ask you to write some code, and then share it with us to review
- In-person interviews: 2-3 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.