3Q/DEPT is leading the disruption of the growth marketing industry by turning our clients into market leaders and household names across the B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and FinTech verticals. We’re independent and values-driven, and the way we work reflects our Silicon Valley roots: we're relentless, curious, and accept no limits in driving growth for our clients and each other.
We offer full marketing services including SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile, analytics, CRO, creative, and business strategy. We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalize on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields.
We are committed to building and sustaining an environment where everyone feels psychologically safe and valued. We seek frequent, open feedback from our team and we offer company-wide training and regular, open discussions on diversity, equity, inclusion and other social issues.
This position is a hybrid role based out of 3Q/DEPT's Chicago office.
3Q Digital supports employee career development in all aspects of our agency. If you’re interested in further developing in the Accounting space, we strongly encourage you to submit your application, even if you don't meet all the desired qualifications. We offer constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working closely with the Staff Accountant II, we are looking for a Staff Accountant for our Chicago office. As a Staff Accountant, you will perform a variety of general accounting related responsibilities. The idea candidate will exhibit strong attention to detail, be well organized and have a positive attitude who looks to make a positive impact on the organization.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Ensure company financials are prepared accurately and on time; coordinate with our accounting team to close the books each month
- Prepare monthly journal entries and help ensure accounting records are in accordance with US GAAP
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and ensure accuracy and completeness
- Report variances from the budget and previous months and investigate drivers
- Assist AP manager in administration of employee expense reports processed through 3rd party software program
- Assist in annual audit processes, including working with the company’s auditors to provide support and explain accounting processes and results
- Assist on ad-hoc projects, including potential merger and acquisition related activities
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, tax, audit and legal regulations
- 1+ years as an accountant
- CPA certification is a plus
- Additional things that will impress us:
- Google and/or Microsoft Suite Experience
- Strong management and organizational skills
- An ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong team player
3Q/DEPT’s unique culture is developed and nurtured by our fantastic people and our core values:
Be Inclusive. We value everyone’s ideas and opinions and commit to building a psychologically safe environment to foster them. Our hiring, communications, and promotions practices reflect our belief that diverse perspectives and equitable and inclusive practices continue to push us and our clients to find new ways to lead.
Act for the Greater Good. We lead with empathy and teamwork. During good times and bad, we are committed to supporting each other, our clients, and our communities.
Own It. We are accountable: to ourselves, to our teams, to our clients. We are proactive, we communicate clearly, and we follow through.
Accept No Limits. We are intellectually curious and resourceful. We constantly challenge the status quo to find or develop innovations that drive breakthrough opportunities for our teams and our clients.
We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity.
- AdAge Best Places to Work 2020, 2021 and 2022
- One of Inc.’s Best Places to Work in 2019
- Winner of the 2019 US Search Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Award
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, a 401K plan and company match, and paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars
3Q/DEPT’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families and the communities where they live and work. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they choose to come in to a 3Q/DEPT office, attend company events, and/or work with peers in-person at any site. 3Q/DEPT offers a reasonable accommodation process for individuals who are unable to meet our vaccination requirement due to a disability, medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
3Q/DEPT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q/DEPT an inclusive, psychologically safe organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.