3Q/DEPT is leading the disruption of the growth marketing industry by turning our clients into market leaders and household names across the B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and FinTech verticals. We’re independent and values-driven, and the way we work reflects our Silicon Valley roots: we're relentless, curious, and accept no limits in driving growth for our clients and each other.
We offer full marketing services including SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile, analytics, CRO, creative, and business strategy. We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalize on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields.
We are committed to building and sustaining an environment where everyone feels psychologically safe and valued. We seek frequent, open feedback from our team and we offer company-wide training and regular, open discussions on diversity, equity, inclusion and other social issues.
3Q/DEPT offers employees flexibility with remote, hybrid, and in-office options (depending on team/location).
The Senior Director, Client Services is responsible for leading and nurturing a portfolio of client business within a focused vertical arena (retail, b2b, tech, finance, edu). They are the front door to the agency and represent what growth marketing by 3Q/DEPT looks like. To achieve this, the Sr. Director will manage cross-channel teams and develop and maintain senior-level agency relationships. The Sr. Director will consult on the best path forward to achieve strategic goals developed in relation to the client vision. They will nurture and build solid senior-level relationships with the Growth Services and Growth Labs Teams. This involves driving the strategic agenda as it relates to growth marketing best practices. This person will also guide a team of strategic cross-channel representatives of varying levels to execute best-in-class campaigns and continually demonstrate value to clients.
Senior Directors are leaders who actively represent 3Q/DEPT’s core values day in and out, ensuring it trickles down across their entire org to foster strong client service, a positive work environment, and healthy work/life balance and team morale. Additionally, Senior Directors connect the ELT/SLT vision to their teams and help push it forward. They take time to understand changes in the company, the why, and are effective cheerleaders in advocating and pushing these changes forward and connecting their teams’ roles to the broader agency vision.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing deep relationships with the primary client POC and forging relationships with the client’s Sr. management/exec team/c-suit.
- Proactively monitoring and pursuing opportunities to move clients out of the capitalize phase & making them more sticky with growth services, driving innovation and strategy.
- Working in an integration fashion between client services team and growth teams to effectively deliver an integrated media strategy that leads clients to the next level of their business.
- Regularly reviewing client margins and ensuring your accounts are meeting or exceeding margin goals as determined by Finance. Addressing when profitability levels are too low or signal when we are not investing enough into the relationship.
- Actively participating in the pitch process for new business opportunities, owning staffing forecasting, populating the pricing tool, and ensuring healthy coordination with new business.
- Working with the contracts team on SOW creation, amendments, and other legal adjustments as they work through client needs and changes in services.
- Managing ADs - mentoring them into effective leaders that can own and grow their book of business and multi-layer team structure.
- Maintaining an in depth understanding of how financials work when it comes to hiring, promotions, raises, bandwidth, client ROI, and client investment opportunities. Able to make strategic financial decisions to propose to VP/SVP/VP of Finance in order to run an efficient and effective book of business.
- Running and/or contributing to effective track meetings.
- Helping to facilitate staffing and bandwidth distribution across tracks.
- Keeping track of employee tenure, hiring needs & owning promotion requests & annual compensation adjustment process.
- Ensuring Communications dissemination from ELT/SLT are being shared down in a timely manner.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 7 years’ paid search & social experience (spanning all core Ads & Facebook products) and a minimum 5 years of experience in a client-facing marketing role
- Proven prior work experience managing a team of 3+ direct reports / team members and demonstrated ability to mentor and develop direct reports into more senior roles
- A deep understanding of Ads/Facebook Ads Manager and be skilled at effectively communicating paid search & social goals, targets, and tactics to clients and can get into the weeds when necessary.
- The ability to audit an account and present actionable insights to a client
- The ability to provide feedback and strategic guidance to all paid media channels (search, social, shopping, display, mobile, native and video)
- To hold your own talking growth strategy, SEO, CRO, analytics and measurement with marketing managers and C-Level executives alike
- Experience acting as an escalation point for clients, evaluating team services levels and proposing improvements
Additional things that will impress us:
- The ability to identify upsell opportunities across all agency offerings and execute on those opportunities to grow revenue on existing clients
- You are skilled at effectively communicating/teaching optimization tasks to multiple team members at once and have past experience managing managers
- Successful track record of crafting and participating in sales pitches and audits
- Proven prior work experience managing a P&L and hitting margin targets
3Q/DEPT’s unique culture is developed and nurtured by our fantastic people and our core values:
Be Inclusive.We value everyone’s ideas and opinions and commit to building a psychologically safe environment to foster them. Our hiring, communications, and promotions practices reflect our belief that diverse perspectives and equitable and inclusive practices continue to push us and our clients to find new ways to lead.
Act for the Greater Good.We lead with empathy and teamwork. During good times and bad, we are committed to supporting each other, our clients, and our communities.
Own It.We are accountable: to ourselves, to our teams, to our clients. We are proactive, we communicate clearly, and we follow through.
Accept No Limits.We are intellectually curious and resourceful. We constantly challenge the status quo to find or develop innovations that drive breakthrough opportunities for our teams and our clients.
We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity.
- AdAge Best Places to Work 2020, 2021 and 2022
- One of Inc.’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2021
- Winner of the 2019 US Search Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Award
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, a 401K plan and company match, and paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars
3Q/DEPT 's top priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families and the communities where they live and work. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they choose to come in to a 3Q/DEPT office, attend company events, and/or work with peers in-person at any site. 3Q/DEPT offers a reasonable accommodation process for individuals who are unable to meet our vaccination requirement due to a disability, medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
3Q/DEPT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q/DEPT an inclusive, psychologically safe organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.