WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games R2D Team is looking for a smart, creative C++ programmer with strong scientific computing knowledge to join them as an intern in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
R2D team focuses mainly on transferring research to the production ready code. This process includes applying good coding practices, optimizing code for increased performance, implementing production ready C++ libraries for existing Proof of Concept Python research code etc. R2D team together with Research team works on the research topics that results in industry changing technologies like MetaHuman Creator.
- Working closely with the Research team on cutting edge technologies such as Stereo Reconstruction, Optical Flow, Rig calibration etc.
- Understanding applied algorithms, investigate applied algorithms and identify potential bottlenecks and optimization opportunities
- Implementing / refactorizing of the research components in order to meet these requirements
- Defining stable API that is intuitive and easy to use
- Last year of a BsC or MsC study program in one of the related disciplines, computer science, computer vision, machine learning, AI or related disciplines.
- Strong background in C++ and Python
- Good knowledge of Data structures and algorithms
- Experience with version control systems (git, mercurial etc)
Nice to Have:
- Strong Scientific computing skills
- Linear Algebra
- Numeric algorithms (differentiation, integration, least squares)
- Optimization algorithms
- Dimensionality reduction PCA
- Machine learning structures and algorithms
- Computer vision algorithms (stereo reconstruction, segmentation, optical flow)
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Being a part of 3Lateral team
Our mission is to evolve through exploring abstract landscapes of art and science, exciting new technologies and, most importantly, through nurturing continuous multi-disciplinary communication and company values among our team members. Our talented and devoted individuals are all gathered around the same vision of creating and constantly improving technology that allows creation of high-fidelity replicas of human appearance and motion with special focus on real time and usable across all digital mediums.
In order to ensure a supportive and collaborative environment we:
- Enable professional long-term career development through continuous education and specialization
- Work with exciting new technologies and ambitious, industry changing, projects
- Attendance at the leading seminars and conferences from the industry
- Sustain personal goals through family-oriented work regulations
- Empower autonomy of thinking and acting
- Pleasant working atmosphere in our cozy offices with friendly and well-minded individuals
- Work from home model during pandemic
We are looking for new team members who can inspire us and are willing to give us a chance to inspire them, contribute to their ideas, skills and knowledge. With joint forces with our mother company Epic Games we are continually developing the state of the art in Unreal Engine as a leading team for creation of next generation virtual humans and creatures.