Are you looking for a role that motivates and challenges you? Are you ready for an opportunity for growth? Do you want to work on teams where people roll up their sleeves to take on tough problems together, and regularly blow the doors off our clients with their outstanding teamwork? If you answered yes to those questions, 3Cloud might just be for you!
At 3Cloud, we hire people who aren’t afraid to experiment or fail. We hire people who are willing to give direct and candid feedback to their managers, leaders, and team members. We hire people who jump at those opportunities because they care about our collective growth and success. We hire people who challenge and hold each other accountable for living 3Cloud’s core values because they know that it will result in amazing experiences and solutions for our clients and each other.
The Cloud Engineer, is a member of 3Cloud’s Managed Services team. He or she is responsible for ongoing support, escalations from monitoring team and proactive maintenance for our client’s Azure platform through the Managed Services teams processes, procedures and tools. As a Cloud Systems Engineer, you will be a critical part of our core team that is an essential to the success of our Managed Services division. Your responsibilities will include:
- Support of client’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure, including response to any escalations from the monitoring team to help analyze and resolve incidents for customers infrastructure running in Azure.
- Communicate ticket status information to all team members and escalate cases to appropriate staff as necessary to ensure case are closed in a timely fashion.
- Interact with clients to identify IT issues, troubleshoot expediently, and follow up on issues via e-mail, ticketing system, and phone calls. Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms.
- Install, configure, and administer client systems in Azure to improve client’s infrastructure.
- Configuration and tuning of cloud-based tools, managing cost, security, and compliance for the client’s environments.
- As part of proactive maintenance plans, help execute monthly maintenance of the Azure infrastructure, including patching, verification of anti-virus updates, backups and disaster recovery.
- Create and maintain updated documentation for each client’s environment.
- Promote best practices to enhance and improve organizational processes.
- Participate in weekly discussions with clients to review outstanding issues and changes and discuss proposals for improving the client’s environments.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support cloud-based infrastructure.
- Provide consultation and monthly reports with respect to the client’s cloud-based infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- 2 - 5 years of experience with cloud servers, services and software or equivalent sys admin experience with on-prem server and virtualization environments.
- Experience in a 24x7 managed services, hosted service company, or Network Operations Center environment.
- Experience with ITIL processes and associated ITSM systems and service portals for Incident and Change Management.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based environments (e.g. AWS), including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Experience with Windows and Linux system administration, supporting and scaling virtual server cloud or on-prem environments and solving network issues.
- Experience developing CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, and Terraform templates.
- Experience with Azure native services (e.g. Policy, Cost Management, Active Directory, Lighthouse, Monitor/Log Analytics, Security Center).
- Experience with tools for managing Cost, Security, and Compliance in the Public Cloud (e.g. CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, CloudGuard Dome9, Cloud Prisma, Cloudability).
- Understanding of sys admin concepts including, but not limited to virtualization, containers, disk storage, encryption, security, network connectivity, firewalls and load balancers.
- Experience with Azure-based deployments and migrations or other cloud platforms is a plus.
- Operational knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, .NET).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for problem solving and learning new technologies.
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong desire for personal development and learning.
3Cloud Total Rewards Highlights Include:
- Flexible work location with a virtual first approach to work!
- 401(K) with match up to 50% of your 6% contributions of eligible pay
- Generous PTO providing a minimum of 15 days in addition to 9 paid company holidays and 2 floating personal days
- Three medical plan options to allow you the choice to elect what works best for you!
- Option for vision and dental coverage
- 100% employer premium coverage for STD and LTD
- Paid leave for birth parents and non-birth parents
- Option for FSA, HSA, HRA and Dependent Care
- $67.00 monthly tech and home office allowance
- Utilization and/or discretionary bonus eligibility based on role
- Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with everyday challenges
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 3Cloud we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
At this time, we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.