350 is looking for a digital content producer to support the communications team in the lead-up and during COP26. We are looking for someone that can start as soon as possible and who will be able to work with us until the end of 2021. This is a short-term independent contractor position.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
We believe that an inclusive and collaborative group of people bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to Support accessibility, regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to work with communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Scope of Work
350 is looking for a digital content producer to help produce and publish content around the COP26 UN Climate Negotiations. The main activities involved in delivering these services are:
- Publishing daily content on social media channels that engages new audiences and supports campaigns
- Monitoring COP26 news developments and sharing content on 350’s global social media channels
- Providing weekly social media analytics and assessment
- Providing analysis on social media strategy for campaigns, mobilisations and key projects
- Experimenting with new tactics & content on social channels with the goal to grow social media channels and drive signups to 350 list and communicate successful tactics and content strategies, guiding regional content production, where necessary
Required Traits & Qualifications:
- High level knowledge around social media strategy across platforms, moderate level of video editing and graphic design skills.
- Comfortable juggling multiple priorities with competing deadlines. Be able to work remotely, across time zones, and with people around the world. Must believe and embrace 350.org’s vision, mission, and progressive values.
- At least 2 years of experience in digital campaigning in support of movement-building activities
- Experience with the online platforms 350.org uses including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and WordPress
- A resilient and flexible team player who is a fast learner, can handle a fast paced, high pressure, highly collaborative team culture
- Highly organised, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English (knowledge of other languages is a bonus). Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms
- Working knowledge of the current global debate on climate change and climate justice and strong interest in working on these issues
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Knowledge of international climate negotiations; UN Summits and COPs
- Experience with using social listening tools
- Experience with video editing
- Experience with graphic design / Photoshop
- Comfort working with colleagues in multiple time-zones via slack, conference calls, and other online tools
- Proven ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance in fast-paced, high pressure working environments
Work Environment: This job can be performed remotely, candidates from Europe/Africa timezones strongly encouraged to apply.
Role: this is an independent contractor role from September through December, 2021. Our team works standard hours Monday through Friday, however availability for delivering these services may be discussed as part of application.
Application Deadline: This role is open for bids until filled, or the contracting manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
Brief begins: September 2021
Fee: Please quote us a competitive fee based on experience
Location: We are looking for someone based in the Africa/Europe time zones