WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who We Are:
We are a team of developers with a uniting passion for crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. Our core values are our North Star ever reminding us who we intend to be and what we strive to create. Our studio culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective story the stronger our team and our game will be. We are an association of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere.
As a Senior Character Artist, you will form the next generation of diverse and innovative characters through the creation of high and low poly models. Working with designers, engineers, and artists, you will establish pipelines and produce assets that are both beautiful and technically sound. Your ability to adapt in the face of artistic and technical challenges will push the team forward. Your knowledge of form, color, and design will bring life and energy to characters that will be loved by players for years to come. With passion for your craft and attention to detail, you will shape a fantastic new game that you and the team around you can be proud of.
- Consistently create high quality Character Art assets that satisfy both artistic and technical requirements
- Receive and provide art and design feedback based on high level direction
- Work closely with art leads
- Support the Art team through the construction of pipelines and style guides
- Improve your craft through collaboration and self-guided exploration
- Assist in character concept and design
- Mentor and train less experienced colleagues
- Produce high quality materials for presentation purposes.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight, and silhouette
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, or similar 3D modeling software
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush
- Robust knowledge of game asset optimization and topology
- 5+ years of experience in the video games industry with 2+ shipped titles as a Character Artist
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- Strong understanding of clothing and hardware
- Proficient in Unreal 4 workflows and PBR pipelines using Substance Painter/Designer
- Basic knowledge of animation, with an eye for posing
- An extensive portfolio of high and low poly models, including advanced material and rendering samples.
- Strong communication skills and ability to illustrate ideas
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excel in highly collaborative, feedback driven environments
- Proactive about troubleshooting and problem solving
- Passion for games and game development
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $135,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
31st Union prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination. This means that employment at 31st Union depends on your substantive ability, objective qualifications and work ethic – not on your age, race (including traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), height, weight, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), alienage or citizenship status, transgender, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, AIDS/HIV, denial of family and medical care leave, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy status, childbirth, breastfeeding (or related medical conditions), marital status or registered domestic partner status, political activity or affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, arrest record, or taking or requesting statutorily protected leaves, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request a reasonable accommodation.