We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build outstanding games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We’re looking for a Technical UI Designer to join our team and help us craft the future of online multiplayer gaming. As a Tech UI Designer, you’ll set the standard for building the fundamental UI systems that will take us into that future. You’ll own and drive the implementation of key UI features, working closely with other systems designers, artists, producers, and engineers. We’re a studio that values autonomy and self-drive in developers who are empowered to do the best work of their careers. If this is you, let’s talk!
- Own the development, iteration, and maintenance of various UI features ranging from sophisticated, reusable widgets and menus to dynamic animations.
- Establish and advocate standard processes in UI architecture
- Constantly monitor and improve UI implementation to ensure a world class user experience at scale
- Collaborate deeply with other teams. This role will be the nexus between our UI/UX Designers, UI Engineers, UI Artists, and Systems Designers, and will collaborate with many other departments across the game from Audio to backend Engineering.
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with building functional gameplay UI in a visual scripting tool (ala Unreal Blueprint) and/or code or code-style scripting languages (C/C++, Lua, etc)
- Experience in advocating and implementing user experience design principles in service of an amazing game experience
- Ability to analyze and solve sophisticated technical and design problems
- Experience building complex realtime user interfaces
- Solid understanding of data flows and organization
- AAA Game production experience is helpful, preferably in UI
- Experience programming, both code & visual scripting (C++, C#, etc. | Blueprint, Kismet, etc.) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or relevant work experience
- Ability to learn and ramp up on new tools and processes quickly
- A passion for diversity & representation in games & game development
- Ability to iterate & collaborate under deadlines & production constraints
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $65,000 and $100,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
31st Union prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination. This means that employment at 31st Union depends on your substantive ability, objective qualifications and work ethic – not on your age, race (including traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), height, weight, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), alienage or citizenship status, transgender, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, AIDS/HIV, denial of family and medical care leave, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy status, childbirth, breastfeeding (or related medical conditions), marital status or registered domestic partner status, political activity or affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, arrest record, or taking or requesting statutorily protected leaves, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request a reasonable accommodation.