***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, has launched its Spanish expansion!
Role: Onsite, Valencia Spain
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We’re looking to add a thoughtful and strategic Development Manager to facilitate communication and support our engineering team in achieving a high level of excellence and player engagement on our high-priority AAA project. You will work with a team of engineers, cross-discipline Leads and Development Managers to balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, people management, and mitigate risks while upholding and maintaining a quality bar. With a good understanding of engineering, this role may suit QA Managers or Engineers looking to move into production.
- Collaborate with a distributed team of in-house Engineers and dev partners to drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across global studio locations
- Organize the direction, priority, and strategy for a complex project while ensuring alignment with internal and external leadership
- Be deeply involved in resource management and planning.
- Build healthy, collaborative relationships between internal and external teams while fostering an inclusive environment.
- Facilitate alignment through effective communication, problem-solving, risk identification and mitigation strategies.
- Working with our senior engineering Dev Managers to maintain an understanding of game release schedules and forecast project milestones.
- Manage and develop our Engineering team with thoughtful feedback and career pathing.
Who you are:
- Production/Project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and project milestone planning. Ideally within a game engineering environment.
- Solid grasp of project management software (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Hansoft, etc.).
- Ideally with a proven experience of managing engineers within a games project.
- Possess excellent people leadership skills and consistent record of working with senior leadership.
- Leverage experience building cohesive teams; identify resourcing needs, providing developmental opportunities and ensuring that all employees reach their potential.
- You have an abiding love of video games, playing them, talking about them, creating them!
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: