WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
Gameplay systems engineering for our multiplatform multiplayer character-action game. You will work with design and our experienced engineering team to design and implement novel and innovative mechanics and tools within robust, extensible systems. Avenues include player control and abilities, AI and navigation, world systems, in-game tools and others – with exposure to networking, animation, physics, rendering, UI/UX, streaming and audio. Ability to align with dev partners and own features from design to polish is important.
Who you are:
Someone who has been a significant contributor as a gameplay engineer on previous AAA multiplayer games. You should be comfortable working in a paradigm of iterative experimentation and refinement. Throughout, we expect you to represent ideal engineering habits – code cleanliness and factoring; communication; debugging and iteration efficiency – and be available to mentor or direct other engineers as required.
- Extensive professional experience and proven capacity in multiplayer gameplay systems is required
- Fluency in common algorithms and data structures is required
- Strong 3D math and C/C++ skills are required
- With much of the work player-facing, a commitment to quality and polish is required
- History of providing Designer facing tools and systems to maximize productivity
- Fluency with adjacent systems – networking, animation, AI, physics, etc - is desired
- Console gaming development experience is desired
- Production Unreal Engine and mobile experience is desired
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: