WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
As a Senior Environment Concept Artist at 31st Union, you'll have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for the project. You are a strong and seasoned designer with excellent conceptual art skills and sensibilities. You will be collaborating directly with the art director, environment art lead, key stakeholders, and visual designers to set the look and feel for our project. You will work proactively with others in all visual art disciplines to help provide visual solutions that supports gameplay, narrative, and art direction needs. We love games that play well and look great; together we will set the stage for a rich and stunning world filled with diverse characters and environments.
- Collaborate closely with the art director, environment art lead, and key stakeholders to conceptualize, design, iterate on a range of assets to bring our world to life
- Conceptualize stylized designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall vision for the project. Ability to draw to style and in multiple views with a heavy emphasis on environment designs. Other responsibilities may include weapons, props, vehicles, storyboards, and character art.
- Develop great looking environments with artistic sensibilities that also balances game design, narrative, and technical boundaries.
- Prioritize, plan, organize, and execute on conceptual art output, working with development partners, game designer(s), and other visual art departments to best deliver and execute to the project's creative vision
- Concept, iterate, and produce visual assets for all stages of development from pre-viz sketches and paintings to polished marketing materials
- Work with the art department to establish and craft clear style guides that speaks to the art direction and provide clear instructional guides for the art team to use as resources
- Mentor and help fellow artists grow artistically and professionally
- Improve on personal and professional knowledge
- Expert knowledge on perspective, composition, color, lighting, and ability to paint inspirational and informative environment designs on style.
- Ability to create well thought out environment design with the right style that translates well into 3D models
- Ability to also concept character designs and other types of concepts like vehicles, props, etc.,
- Online portfolio is a must. Portfolios should show stylized work with awesome inspirational environment designs. Please include development sketches in additional to more refined, polished, and fully realized environment designs
Who you are:
- Strong stylized environment designer who can demonstrates great artistic sensibilities to create artwork to inspire and to inform the direction for our project
- Ability to take direction and engage in constructive brainstorming with the team
- Strong traditional art experience with the ability to create assets from sketches to more polished marketing pieces
- Ability to work in and explore concepts in 2D and 3D
- Excellent eye for anatomy, color, lighting, composition, and overall design skills
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Plus if you have experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines
- Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, etc.).
- Perforce and Jira experience
- Passion for games!
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: