WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
31st Union is seeking the talents of a highly self-motivated Senior Tools Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. The Senior Tools Engineer will work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games..
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
Who you are:
- Expertise with the C# / .NET 4.5 and C / C++ programming languages along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- Proven programming experience on multiple commercial software projects
- WPF / MVVM knowledge is a big plus
- Ability to work directly with content creators and iterate on the tools efficiently
- Self-motivated and able to drive ideas to completion
- Strong ability to quickly learn and grow into new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Experience in UI design and artist workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Shipped AAA console or PC titles
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines
- Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software
- Experience with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript, Maya, and MEL
- Multithreading knowledge
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: