WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
As a Lead Concept Artist at 31st Union, you will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for the project. You are a strong and seasoned designer with excellent conceptual art skills and sensibilities. You will be collaborating directly with art direction and with other visual designers to set the look and feel for our project. You will work proactively with others in all visual art disciplines to help provide visual solutions that supports gameplay and art direction needs. We love games that play well and also look great; together we will set the stage for a rich and stunning world filled with diverse characters and environments.
- Prioritize, plan, organize, and execute on conceptual art department’s output, working with development partners, game designer(s), and other visual art departments to best deliver and execute to the project's creative vision
- Conceptualize designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall art direction. Develop and shape the designs ranging from characters, weapons, props, vehicles, storyboards, ui, and environment art
- Work closely with the art director to establish and craft clear style guides that speaks to the art direction and provide clear instructional guides for the art team to use as resources
- Identify and implement best practices, workflows and pipelines that pushes the quality bar for concept art
- Mentor and help fellow artists grow artistically and professionally.
- Undertake research and initiate information gathering prior to the commencement of new tasks to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction and technological considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals
- Actively improve skill sets and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Ability to direct others and provide constructive feedback to internal staff and external partners, based on art direction and creative needs
Who you are:
- Strong ideation skills that demonstrates a firm grasp and understanding of the needs of visual arts in an interactive medium
- Ability to take direction and engage in constructive brainstorming with the team
- Strong traditional art experience with the ability to create assets from sketches to more polished marketing pieces
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in and explore concepts in 2D and 3D
- Excellent eye for color, composition, and overall design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography)
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Plus, if you have experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines
- Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.).
- Perforce and Jira experience
- Passion for games!
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: