WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
As a UI / UX Designer at 31st Union, you'll have a significant role in shaping the visual and user experience of the UI on our project. You'll collaborate with others in diverse disciplines from design, art, and engineering to help craft a rich and immersive interactive experience. You’ll work proactively with others in game design, engineering and art to solve issues that balances the needs of gameplay design and art direction. We love games that play well and also look great; our view is that well designed UI / UX positively contributes to a great overall game experience.
- Develop and shape the UI / UX in accordance with the project's game design philosophies and artistic directions
- Prioritize, plan, and organize UI output, working with development partners on how best to deliver and execute on the creative vision
- Concept, iterate, and produce assets throughout all stages of development from pre-viz to final game assets
- Mock-up UX wireframes, collaborating effectively with game design and art, to visually represent game design intentions with a quality visual aesthetic
- Identify and implement best practices, work-flows and pipelines
- Improve on personal and professional knowledge
- Learn new tools and processes that help to elevate the quality of the UI / UX experience
Who You Are:
- Strong UI abilities that demonstrates a strong grasp and understanding of the needs of UI in an interactive game experience
- Strong traditional art experience with the ability to create assets from sketches and all the way to final game art
- Excellent graphic design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography)
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Good understanding of Motion Graphics
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines
- Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.)
- A passion for games!
- Perforce and Jira experience
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: