What We’re Looking For:
The incumbent for this role will serve as the primary liaison for all matters related to delivery of a University Partner portfolio of new (post brief-in) and existing Short Courses.
The successful candidate will need a blend of experience across the core functions of Marketing, Production and Presentation capabilities to fulfil external and internal stakeholder management. Strong communication, analytical and project management skills required. The successful candidate should also have a general competency and understanding of key marketing and production capabilities to ensure their ability to troubleshoot and effectively manage delivery challenges and opportunities.
This is a client-facing role that requires being able to balance multiple initiatives and priorities with attention to detail that is second to none.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Drivers: University Partner Leadership Team Financial and Operational metrics, Relationship, Quality, Efficiency
- Effectively manage relationships and tasks both within 2U and with the University Party stakeholders to ensure overall success of the portfolio as defined by the Programme Management (General Managers) University Partner Portfolio Strategy.
- In supporting PGM, effectively communicate all relevant information to various stakeholders within 2U and with the University Partner stakeholders.
- Understand complex programs, processes and organizational structures and be able to function effectively within them.
- Act as an intermediary between all functional teams and University Partner stakeholders to foster collaboration and communication to continuously improve processes and ensure with our internal teams that we have a consistent communication approach with our University Partner stakeholders.
Process Development and Improvement
- Think critically about current processes, systems and relationships and identify possible issues before they become issues.
- Work closely with the SC Operations Team to manage and create workflow processes and documentation between systems and groups.
- Document and maintain records within the UPLT to ensure processes/systems are transparent, transferrable and long-term.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, SC Operations Governance to ensure maintenance of all SC Product Policies, Processes and SLAs and adherence through UPLTs.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, SC Operations Governance to deliver Accreditation requirements, if necessary, for the University Partner short courses.
Portfolio Delivery Management
- Work closely with the internal Project Management team who will be responsible for delivery of agreed project requirements. Your role will be to ensure alignment in planning and delivery to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of all courses within a University Partner portfolio.
- Lead and manage all external stakeholder communication, supported by the Core UPLT for subject matter expertise in functional business areas.
- Work closely with University Partner stakeholders to define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Set and continually manage and communicate project expectations within both the external and internal teams, working closely with Project Manager leads for First presentation launches and the Internal Operations team for course changes; maintenance and / or iteration needs post First presentation launch.
- Prioritize requests and escalate as required to senior management.
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Work closely with Marketing and Production stakeholders to ensure that project post mortems are completed with the necessary recommendation reports.
Reporting, Budgeting & Revenue/Invoice Reconciliation
- Perform data analysis and compilation for tracking and reporting purposes where required.
- Compile various reports, PPT’s and other materials for reporting short course information to various stakeholders.
- Ensure that all UP facing reports and dashboards are functional and manage all stakeholder communications for updates and / or maintenance (e.g. Tableau Dashboards).
- Provide oversight in the development and tracking of short course budgets and financial reports supplied to UPs including but not limited to reconciliation, reporting, and understanding of variances.
- Work with GM partners to identify opportunities for improvement and growth within the portfolio.
- Think creatively and drive initiatives from inception to implementation.
- Work collaboratively with 2U departments to launch new initiatives.
- Handle additional operational and administrative tasks as needed that relate to core University Partner or Short Course business priorities.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 6-8 years experience, with roles in business operations or project management.
- Strong project management skills essential.
- Strong financial acumen essential.
- Marketing industry experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office inclusive of Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and excellent follow through.
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise.
- This role typically works 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM with breaks throughout the day however, additional hours dependent on Portfolio region alignment may be required. Occasional and rare travel may be needed.
- This role will primarily be sedentary using a computer, keyboard, and telephone to perform most duties.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.