What We’re Looking For:
The Bootcamp Admissions Manager is a critical role responsible for prospective student recruitment, owning the university partner relationship as it relates to student recruitment, and managing a team of dedicated Admissions Counselors. Bootcamp Admissions Manager will serve as the operational champion to drive great outcomes for our students. The primary responsibility of this position is to actively manage a team of Bootcamp Admissions Counselors to attain the admissions goals established by Admissions and Student Engagement senior leadership and to keep internal leadership, program management and external university partner stakeholders aware of the current status of the prospective student pipeline. This role will have the primary partner facing responsibilities for managing the relationship regarding admissions and updating the university stakeholders under the guidance of internal program leadership. In addition, this position ensures the admissions and student engagement policies and processes promulgated by senior leadership and our university partners are implemented, and that counselors adhere to strict guidelines regarding quality and consistency with academic institution and regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Define and outline a plan to manage the team, including setting expectations and communicating senior leadership’s strategy.
- Proactively manage, coach and mentor team members to reach goals while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Admissions and Learning & Development Team to effectively train, onboard and identify skill gaps with Admissions Advisors to drive accountability and a high performing team.
- Monitor and assess enrolment advisors to ensure quality outreach to the interested prospects by providing feedback on all communication channels and interactions with students.
- Drive positive student outcomes and ensure accountability.
- Make informed hiring decisions to build an experienced and effective team focused on delivering white glove service.
- Manage team capacity including day-to-day availability of advisors.
- Support, mentor, guide direct reports.
- Continuously manage performance and behaviour of direct reports by:
- Conducting frequent 1:1 meetings on priorities/responsibilities.
- Conducting bi-annual performance reviews.
- Identify retention strategies with the Talent Team.
- Identify and manage future growth of the team as per business requirements.
Driving Overall University Partner Performance
- Develop and execute a strategy for delivering on enrolment goals for the respective university partner(s).
- Ensure team members contact students in accordance with the contact strategy, service level agreements, contact rates and probabilities.
- Make data-driven decisions.
- Use reporting and data tools provided by the Senior Leadership to assess team challenges (e.g. prospect quality, volume and trends).
- Manage expectations with internal university stakeholders.
Internal and External Stakeholder Management
- Manage relationships with internal university stakeholders to ensure alignment across the different functions.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s required; honours degree preferred.
- OR At least 5 years experience within 2U, directly related to the duties and responsibilities expected of an Admissions Counselor; previous management experience in an admissions focused environment is a plus.
- OR At least 5 years experience combined within 2U and external including a minimum of 1 year experience managing a team with similar responsibilities.
- Proven ability to manage a team using South African Labour Legislation (basic knowledge of the BCEA and LRA).
- A strong track record as it relates to meeting Admissions Counselor or Snr Admissions Counselor competencies, as well as demonstrated development towards Manager competencies.
- Strong sales and customer service background.
- Excellent Computer skills (Google Suite, Microsoft Office inclusive of Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Efficient use and knowledge of CRM tools ( Exposure to Salesforce, Tableau are advantageous).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills; proven ability to motivate a team to achieve defined results that exceed goals, objectives and expectations.
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, yet professional and productive team atmosphere.
- Accomplished communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Manages a team of 8 - 10 Admissions and Senior Admissions Counselors.
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support).
- You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in presentation and production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompt and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- You will be required to work outside of normal South African working hours with shifts ranging from (6 PM - 9 AM), a reliable form of transport is essential.
- You will be required to have reliable internet connectivity e.g. Fiber or ADSL.
- 2U Will supply you with the following work tools: Laptop.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.