What We’re Looking For:
At 2U, we believe that the future of education is digital. Our Admissions team is crucial to the success of 2U and our university partners. We partner with the best universities in the world to create and manage skills-based training programs to close the gap between the skills of today’s workforce and the needs of tomorrow’s jobs.
As an Admissions Counselor, you will directly impact students’ ability to reach their highest potential using the world’s best digital education. Join our admissions team to make a difference!
We are looking for Admissions Counselors to recruit prospective students for one of our prestigious, highly-ranked training programmes. Recruiting qualified applicants for the top-tier programmes we partner with requires a consultative approach, an ability to meet challenges head-on, and a passion for changing lives through high quality education. In the role you will be the first point of contact for each and every student so a tenacious go getter attitude is a must. Due to the nature of this role, US working hours will be the standard (Shifts ranging from 6 PM - 9 AM Monday-Friday).
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Student Recruitment Activity
- Manage and respond to incoming queries and work progressively to close the sale, through execution of the appropriate contact strategies.
- Contacting international prospects via live chat, email and telephone to recruit them for the university. Must conduct a high quantity of contacts to inquiries to secure application and enrollment towards the programme(s).
- Communicating approved admissions presentations to promote programmes to prospective students.
- Determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based on admission requirements and career goal compatibility.
- E-mailing correspondence to prospective students to follow up with their intent to complete an application.
- Conducting follow-up activity with prospective students to ensure they are able to successfully complete the admissions and enrollment process.
- Closely assist and mentor students through the admissions process.
- Being persistent with a passion for education.
- Represent the University Partner to the best of your ability, keeping in mind that you need to protect the integrity, brand and reputation of the institution through every engagement with prospective students.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required or 2 years experience in Consultative Sales (Edtech industry is preferred).
- 1+ year of phone and or written/live chat based experience in a metrics-driven environment.
- Strong sales and customer service background.
- Experience in higher education is advantageous.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Excellent computer literacy.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with customer base.
- Ability to focus on specific quantifiable goals and deliver goals on a consistent basis.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask responsibilities at all times.
- Ability to utilise creative problem-solving skills to overcome any obstacles while guiding potential students through our course enrollment process.
- Strong closing and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to contact students internationally.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support).
- You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in presentation and production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompt and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- You will be required to work outside of normal South African working hours with shifts ranging from (6 PM - 9 AM), a reliable form of transport is essential.
- You may also be required to work on a Saturday, should it be business requirements or need.
- You will be required to have reliable internet connectivity e.g. Fibre or ADSL.
- 2U Will supply you with the following work tools: Laptop.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.