Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximise their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilise various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organisation that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Marketing, Brand and Communications Teams
The marketing, brand and communications teams support 2U and our University Partner’s strategic priorities and culture. They focus on data-driven marketing, working closely with university partners as well as teams across the business. They tell stories that make lofty concepts like vision, strategy and business priorities come to life in a relevant and memorable way through brand visibility, communications and events. They creatively engage, inspire and align employees through the use of video, infographics, and other forms of visual communication.
These responsibilities are owned by various departments, including brand, market research, communications, social media, content, copywriting, editorial, marketing operations, and email.
Note: A cover letter is required for this application. In your cover letter please include the following: reason(s) for wanting to work at 2U, your strengths and how these are suited to the role, and a personal skill set you hope to improve.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and execution of campaigns designed to inspire employee pride and encourage advocacy.
- Collaborate and facilitate strategic, well-planned, and thoughtful events with other internal marketing teams and stakeholders.
- Communicate with third-party vendors aiding in the development and creation of branded collateral.
- Research industry trends (e.g., through networking, benchmarking, industry publications) to identify new methods for message delivery.
- Analyse metrics that help correlate brand and communications programs to employee productivity, engagement and organisation performance.
- Review story ideas from editors and writers.
- Write copy for compelling infographics, data visualisations and other digital content that attracts readership and encourages sharing.
- Brainstorm and develop long-term messaging strategies.
- Track and report key performance indicators to measure effectiveness of social media and content strategies\Proofread copy we are ready to release to the public.
- Assist marketing, brand and communications team with miscellaneous administrative items.
Things that should be in your background:
- Currently enrolled (final year) or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
Other attributes that will help you in this role:
- Desire to write comprehensive articles, emails and additional content via blogs, websites or social media that answer questions or provide a resource to audiences.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and project management skills.
- Knowledge of copy editing.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organisation.
These are just some of the benefits:
- Sought-after industry experience.
- Free gym access.
- Team and company events.
- One free GetSmarter short course.
- Complimentary caffeine kick from our in-house barista.